Touring brakes the same; distinct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touring brakes the same; distinct?

I tried to order pads, rotors, and wear sensors from FCPEuro. They responded that they were not available in the US and that they did not have any suppliers that carry them. Is this true? Are late Touring rotors distinct?

Only the ix touring is different. It got vented rear rotors. All others are identical to NA models.
    cars beep boop

Comment

I assume you told them you had a post 1991 E30 touring, if so just adjust the year back to 1991. Or just use BMWfans or RealOEM to compare part numbers or what other models a part fits to find out for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        Or just use BMWfans or RealOEM to compare part numbers or what other models a part fits.
        What roguetoaster said. I do it all the time. Put your VIN in RealOEM, get the part number, then search for a 1991 sedan and if the part number is the same you are good to go ordering from FCP, ECS, etc. If you need Touring-specific parts, check out Schmiedmann. The shipping isn't cheap, but the same parts are usually cheaper than in the USA, so I usually order some USA parts too, which offsets the shipping cost.
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Thanks! I ordered from FCP Euro. I gave them the part numbers from RealOEM. I am guessing that the older parts numbers were superseded by new ones. Why they change and the parts do not is anyone's guess.

Comment

Working...
          X