This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo of my newest project E28:

Hopefully get all parts next week so I can take first ride.
    E30 S54 Turbo
    E30 S38 Turbo Cabrio
    E28 530 2JZ-GTE
    We can be found at facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mystin...66319770141043

Comment

Took a day to Sonoma/Bodega Bay over the weekend, car ran like a champ. Other than beeping it me twice on the hour, I must have turned on the notification on the OBC when I reset the mpg meter. Got 24.5mpg average from Sacramento to Sonoma to Bodega bay and back.

Thanks for recommendations on the e60 sport shifter, it is really about perfect with the weighted zhp knob and all new shifter hardware.

First "long" trip in the car since I've purchased it last year, new front/rear suspension and all bushings/mounts, brakes, shocks, springs, wheels/tires, alignment.

I have to say it really eats up the miles. My e30 is way more fun especially in the twisites, but it gets "tiring" over long distance...e34 just soaks them up!
      Attached Files
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Not sure what exactly you're referring to about the "beep" from the OBC?

Sounds like a nice drive. Looking forward to taking our E34 Touring on a drive from Chicago to ATL over Thanksgiving. I know what you mean bout driving an E30 long distance--especially with modded suspension.

Comment

what size tires are you running?

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post

/////////

Comment

My E12 at bimmerfest courtesy of a random photographer

Comment

Nice car sitter
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Ran across an old favorite... one of the best E34 M5 tourings I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by eurospecm View Post
                  My E12 at bimmerfest courtesy of a random photographer

Wow She's perfect...
                  sigpic

Comment

Not mine, but this beauty is on BaT right now.

I purchased this car in 05 from a guy in TX who had taken very good care of it. It had 130k miles on the odometer at that time. Since then, I have done tons of mods and replaced most of the common wear items. The car has always been garaged both at home and at work. It currently has 218k miles on the odometer but most of the car is much newer. My goal was to build a reliable high performance sedan that seemingly could have been factory built. I wanted it to retain a very OEM look yet still be aggresive and unique. I also wanted it to be very comfortable, quiet and streetable. the final requirement when putting it all together was to keep the ice cold a/c for summer driving. IMO, it's the best of all worlds. It's faster than an E39 M5 and still gets good fuel economy if you drive it normal. Engine: The car started out as a 92 525i 5 speed. A few years ago I decided I wanted more power and with the plan of eventually going turbo, I removed the 2.5L non vanos M50 and swapped in a 98 M52 2.8L with vanos (variable valve timing) as well as a set of S52 M3 cams. the block was cleaned and honed, installed new BMW rings, main and rod bearings as well as all new BMW seals. M3 flywheel and UUC stage I M3 clutch. In doing the swap I used a 93 vanos wiring harness, 95 red label 413 DME and retained the OBDI intake manifold. The motor put down 200 RWHP. Turbo: One year ago I finally installed the turbo. Prior to turbo, the head was checked, new valve job done, head re-surface as well as shimmed valve springs. Then a new Cometic .14 MLS head gasket and ARP 200 studs. I sourced many of the turbo parts from TRM in Atlanta GA. Blow through tuning package with TRM Maf, chip and 60 lb injectors. bottom mount cast iron SPA manifold which sports a Garret ball bearing GT3076R turbo with compact compressor housing and a .63 A/R billet wheel. The WG is a Tial 38mm with a 12.5 lb spring and the BOV is a tial QR that re-circulates back into the intake to help keep it quieter and helps keep the turbo spooled in b/t shifts. The intercooler is sandwiched b/t the A/C condenser and the radiator. Mishimoto electric fan and I wired the AUX fan to cut on with the Mishimoto in order to ensure plenty of cooling while sitting in traffic on a hot day. Exhaust is 3” turbo back with a single Borla XR-1 muffler. I wanted the car to look pretty stock so I went with twin chrome 2.25” tips. The exhuast tone is wonderful! Fuel is being delivered by Walbro 255 LPH pump with a new OEM fuel filter. New BMW fuel pressure regulator was done last year. Mishimoto oil catch can to prevent oil from going back into the turbo/intake. I also recently installed a Greddy Profec-b II boost controller in the ash tray. Below that is a custom gauge cluster I built from the bottom of the old 92 door panels which has an Innovate LC-1 AFR gauge, boost, coolant temp and oil pressure. At 12.5 lbs of boost, the car made 343 RWHP and 325 ft lbs of torque. I have since turned the boost up to 14.5 lbs and it’s even faster although I haven’t had a chance to dyno it again. The car is running perfect at 14.5 with an average AFR of 10.8-11. Suspension: Vogtland springs and Koni yellow sport shocks. The front shocks were replaced about 4 months ago. At that time, I also installed new upper mounts. Within the last 6 months- year I also replaced the following with BMW parts: sway bar end links, center drag link, tie rod ends, lower control arms. The upper control arms/thrust arms are lemforder arms/ball joints with moosehead spherical bushings (which are awesome). Recently installed aluminum 1” bump steer spacers to correct tie rod geometry from being lowered. The rear suspension consists of Kmac adjustable poly trailing arm bushings, HD upper shock mounts and powerflex poly subframe bushings (w. custom grease fittings installed ). Brakes: Up front are E38 750il EBC zinc rotors that are vented and slotted. The calipers are aluminum 6 piston wilwood with street pads and stainless Teflon coated lines. Wheels and tires: AC Schnitzer type III’s 18” x 8.5” (front 2 are real, rear 2 are replicas) Recent alignment was done and I had the rear setup to reduce tire wear. Rear is currently at about -1.25 camber. Exterior mods: Front bumper has euro trim and 540 brake ducts. Rear bumper also has euro trim. M tech sideskirts body color matched. I sanded, painted, cleared, wetsanded and buffed the B pillars using PPG gloss black. The headlights and taillights are Euro spec and I custom retrofitted Acura TSX projectors. The lights are 55w D2S morimoto 5000K HID’s in the lows and 35w 3000k HID yellow fogs. Interior: The interior is black leather. I replaced the stock seats with mint sport seats from a 540 sport. The cheap 92 door panels were removed and replaced with the nice 95 leather ones. I removed all the wood trim, sanded, primed, painted and cleared followed by wetsand and buff. They look great in piano black. I also replaced the headliner with synthetic suede and the job is about an 8/10 but really improves the car. The rear parcel shelf was done in UV protected black carpet. Stereo: Brand new Kenwood KIV-701 w 3 4v preouts. LCD color display with backup camera capability. Speakers are Polk MM5251 2 ohm 5.25” components. The amp is a Polk 1100.5 5 channel amp. The whole trunk and much of the interior received dynamat treatment. Various new parts: ( all replaced within the last year unless noted otherwise) Heater core (3 years ago) 120 amp alternator (3 years ago) Powerflex subframe bushings (2 years ago) Garret GT3076R Stainless steel oil lines with aluminum fittings TRM oil distribution block silcone coolant lines SPA cast iron manfiold with new studs, nuts & gaskets Tial 38mm WG Tial QR BOV TRM MAF 60 lb Injectors Radiator Stewart High flow water pump Belts Driveshaft center carrier bearing Passenger side rear wheel bearing LKM O2 sensor New battery New front subframe bolts Walbro fuel pump OEM fuel pressure regulator Fuel filter Center drag link Tie rods Upper and lower control arm bushings and ball joints Front shocks Upper shock mounts 1" bump steer spacers E38 EBC Zinc coated slotted/dimpled E38 750il rotors 6 piston Wilwood calipers .14 Cometic MLS head gasket ARP 200 head studs OEM VC gasket OEM oil pan gasket OEM thermostat All coolant hoses including the one under the intake manifold Driveshaft flexplate guibo Driveshaft center carrier bearing

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                      Not sure what exactly you're referring to about the "beep" from the OBC?
                      If you have the hour notification on, the OBC will beep 10 seconds before every hour. It's rather annoying.

Also...eveyone should read the first post ITT again...I've highlighted the important word that a lot of people keep missing...

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                      To start our new forum please show off your 5 Series!

Comment

/////////

Comment

And here I thought I was crazy wanting to paint my wheels green.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

I love Panoramic Photos! Dope as shit shot
                            85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Dat Ass

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Just installed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

/////////

Comment

Working...
                                X