Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slammin' e28's (terrible investment) e24.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger side fender....shit looks good to me. She'll survive after some operation.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

get rid of those exhaust manifolds as fast as you can, by the way.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        get rid of those exhaust manifolds as fast as you can, by the way.
        Oh yeah, they'll be gone soon. The car's service records indicate it having had the head replaced twice....in under 130k miles.

Anywho, I've got a set of B34 and B35 manis....but may spring for some headers like I've got on my B35'd e28. We sell Billy Boat exhausts at work and I asked Mike if they did anything that would fit for a muffler. He's going to shoot me a drawing so I can see if it will fit. I just want it to be loud and mean sounding. It's going to be a badass car.

Comment

B&B Triflow is the best sounding exhaust.
          cars beep boop

Comment

B&B Triflow is the best sounding exhaust.
            Yus! We put them on 911s all the time at work. I told Mike I just want the car to be loud. That's it. He was unsure as to if the e24 stuff would fit since all of their systems are for catalyst equipped cars.

We'll see. The rust isn't as bad as I expected, but it's rust, so it's still not good. Going to put a lot of new metal into the car. You'll see, lol. I'm documenting this one hardcore.

Comment

I've just ground out the majority of my floorboard rust.

These cars get a lot of leaks because of the frameless windows not seating right, and all that water pools on the floors. I'd suggest you pull up your carpets to check for rust there. A good time to get them steam cleaned, too.
              cars beep boop

Comment

I've just ground out the majority of my floorboard rust.

These cars get a lot of leaks because of the frameless windows not seating right, and all that water pools on the floors. I'd suggest you pull up your carpets to check for rust there. A good time to get them steam cleaned, too.
                This is def in the plans. I know there is a hole in the drivers floor, but I've got two e28s with good floors, so I'll just cut n' weld. I've got so much metal in these two e28s that I probably won't have to buy any sheet metal.

I'm so stoked though. I just wanna drive it so bad.

Comment

the floor pans are a bit different because yours is E12 based. Nothing that you can't work around with a welder, but don't expect it to be direct.

And yeah, I have fun driving mine too. Will be dailying it soon. I want to make it look sort of like this one but with Rondell 58s (which I conveniently already have). Mine is an absolute pig on gas, though, and the motor needs attention...
                  cars beep boop

Comment

I expect them to be a bit different, but I'll cut them enough so as to look like they belong there, not that it matters.

I was looking at the car you linked the other day. It's a beauty. The first one I saw was a Euro 635Csi....1979 IIRC. Silver, dogleg trans, etc. Fell in love right there.

Right now I'm going through the service records and trying to find any scrap of info I can on the original owner and place of purchase. I really would love to get a copy of the original bill of sale.

Comment

hah, you got service records? I got a box of business cards for a lawn fertilization business.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

hah, you got service records? I got a box of business cards for a lawn fertilization business.
                        Lol, yup. Pretty much the only thing (I think) I'm missing is a copy of the bill of sale.

I'm going to have to get it all organized and put in my 633 notebook (I have one of all my cars).

My main thing it contacting the original owner. He's about 70 now. He was a doctor (in psychiatry) so he couldn't be too hard to find. Google is awesome for creeping, lol.

Just found the original R&T article in here too....

Comment

Last edited by slammin.e28; 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Hmm....doesn't look so bad.....

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Pretty much the floor is rust.....but it's solid, except around the drain plugs. Seats are a PAIN to get out, Jesus.

So, I'm going to get some masks so I don't die from the asbestos in 30 years and continue one. It is important to note, I have no money invested in this car over the $800 purchase price. Nothing. So I'm scouting around the car to see how bad it really is, and if the car is shit, part out. I'm sure I could at least brake even if it came to that.

Comment

So yesterday I got the car up on the lift. Impressive, it started on the first turnover from the starter.

Anywho, got it on the lift and had a looksy. There are several new parts, diff mount, sway bar links/bushings. There's an awful PS leak from the hose coming off the steering box. Engine is dry, no leaks. Trans is leaking from the output shaft seal.

So there we go.

All of the calipers are locked up. Rear has the rot the worst, along the valence under the bumper. Euro bumper conversion will take care of that.

Waffling on replacing the entire rear suspension with that out of an e28 or not. I could keep it original, or resto-mod to get the best out of the car. I'm already planning on doing headers and a possible Motronic conversion on the engine. Maybe even that M90 head I've got laying around, as it looks like the head gasket is seeping.

I'm going so deep into this car I don't see why not to improve it, but then again, it is a pretty rare car, not sought after, but just rare. So keeping it totally original would be nice....except for those damn thermal reactors....

Comment

Nice exhaust

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X