I bought a total loss e28.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jdirty
    replied
    Found out it's an open diff. I might still check it out and drive it. See how bad the g260 is.

    M20 for $200... plus free e28.

    Leave a comment:


  • jdirty
    replied
    Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    yea get it. offer 350. i just bought a 91 4 door 325i and found a s4.10 dif in it. u never know what other goodies u can use once u get these things in the air. and if your swapping u will easily be able to make money by selling the rebuilt head once the swap is fini
    Good point on that diff!

    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Looks to me like the accident got into the frame on the passenger side. Good luck getting it back together. If I were to buy it, it'd be as a parts car. I think $500 leaves plenty of meat on the bone if it has an LSD and the rest of the body panels are straight. Trans is probably garbage unless you sell it to someone who wants to rebuild it.
    BINGO! Just heard back from the owner that passenger frame rail is crushed in but he claims it drives straight.

    I might just buy it for the diff IF it's an LSD, mtech 1 wheel, and also for the good condition motor in it. I'm still waiting on the seller.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Looks to me like the accident got into the frame on the passenger side. Good luck getting it back together. If I were to buy it, it'd be as a parts car. I think $500 leaves plenty of meat on the bone if it has an LSD and the rest of the body panels are straight. Trans is probably garbage unless you sell it to someone who wants to rebuild it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ROLLingKING
    replied
    yea get it. offer 350. i just bought a 91 4 door 325i and found a s4.10 dif in it. u never know what other goodies u can use once u get these things in the air. and if your swapping u will easily be able to make money by selling the rebuilt head once the swap is fini

    Leave a comment:


  • jdirty
    started a topic I bought a total loss e28.

    I bought a total loss e28.

    Update: I bought it. Currently restoring it.

    Asking price is $500 obo.
    Car was obviously involved in a collision..
    Owner states it runs and drives.. but i haven't heard about alignment yet.
    He also states that the head was recently rebuilt/swapped for an i head.
    Transmission 1st and 3rd synchros are somewhat gone..
    It doesn't look that bad from the photos.. but my main concern was if i wanted to save it, can you guys give me an idea what most go through when dealing with insurance and registration?





    im just thinking of buying it as a daily so i can do a swap on my e30... and also actually use some 5 lug wheels i have in the garage. lol
    Last edited by jdirty; 04-25-2014, 06:35 AM.
Working...