new daily with a few questions.. e34 content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new daily with a few questions.. e34 content

Pick up a 94 calypso e34 about a week ago, I'll post some pics tomorrow. So far I love the thing but its got a few issues to sort out.

First off: the gauge cluster lights up with "coolant level" when i start the car, I know its not leaking any so I'm fairly sure its just the level sensor. Should be a simple fix I assume.

Second: the left rear window doesnt seem to work. From what I gather from looking online this could be one of two things, bad window gear or the motor itself is bad. I can hear the motor "run" and I hear something clicking inside, would that be more likely the gear or the motor. I'm leaning towards ordering just a new gear since I can still hear the motor run, would that make sense?

Thanks guys.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

i would say thats the gear that went wrong. same thing happened with my dads and we had to replace the gear. took some time but works great now

Comment

in for pics. my cluster has the same issues you describe as well. low coolant and low oil. I know that both fluids are at the correct level.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
      X