Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cory58
    replied
    Love my E12! If you haven't done so already, check out firstfives.org.

Leave a comment:

• cgk_iii
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    oh man that must have been sketchy on that bridge. Hopefully you weren't driving when it was super windy last week.

I like these older bmws, not enough people mess with them. Are you planning on just restoring or modding it further?

It was an intense drive but not windy that night.

the e12 is my favorite BMW body style! Im planning on doing some upgrades such as, coilovers, exhaust, and maybe fabricate a bracket to fit e30 comfort seats. I do have a m30b35 sitting around that could drop right into this thing but that may have to wait for a while.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    oh man that must have been sketchy on that bridge. Hopefully you weren't driving when it was super windy last week.

I like these older bmws, not enough people mess with them. Are you planning on just restoring or modding it further?

Leave a comment:

• cgk_iii
    started a topic 1977 e12 530i-Rough Around the Edges

1977 e12 530i-Rough Around the Edges

Hey r3v,

Wanted to share my e12 with everyone and start posting my progress along the way. The car is a 1977 530i 4-Speed Manual. I've had this car for about 5 years now and finally getting around to working on it. It was a journey getting the car home from Berkeley, CA across the bridge to San Mateo, CA. The e12 had an intermittent start issue where the car would die after it reached operating temperature and wouldn't start back up until everything cooled down enough. A 45 min drive ended up taking 3 hours and eventually a tow home from San Francisco, CA... The previous owner had some 18" e38 wheels on the car, and cut coils. Theres some minor rust around the window frames and some on the floor board and the rocker panels. Paint is fading and chipping on the top panels. interior is pretty rough, and the driver seat is all torn up. Since the car is a 77 we still have to smog here in CA, and was nervous about the whole process being that the 77, IIRC, was a transition year for the L-jet fuel injection system and was more "regulated" so this car has the thermal reactors in place of the exhaust manifolds and all kinds of pointless vacuum hoses.. Took her in for a smog about 4 months ago and she passed with flying colors! I was very impressed. Anyways, i have since replaced the Main relay (which was the culprit to the non start issue), clutch master and slave cylinder, installed some 15" style 29 wheels, and starting to clean up the interior and exterior.

Working...
X