Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 528e for sale, Columbia SC, $1k obo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 528e for sale, Columbia SC, $1k obo.

Selling this E28 that I bought on a whim. Turns out I'd rather spend my time worrying about my E30. I bought all new brakes (rotors and pads) for all four wheels that are included with the sale. Also a fuel filter, valve cover gasket, various other odds and ends will go with it. If you want for an extra 100 bucks you can have some E34 15s that I got to put on it.

I wouldn't drive it too far with the front suspension in its current condition.

Good:
    99.999% rust free body- one thumb sized area on right rear tail.
    99% straight body- rockers dented on both sides like someone tried to jack the car on them?
    Good paint, but really dirty. Will pop with a good cleaning and wax.
    Runs and drives!
    New oil change, spark plugs, air filter, alternator.
    Super ETA, for what that's worth.
    Super comfy interior in averageish 1988 shape, useable as it is, original floormats.
    A/C works
    Power seats, mirrors, sunroof, headrests (need clotheshanger fix) cruise, etc...loaded car.
    Good tires

Bad:
    Soft brake pedal, haven't looked into it, maybe needs to be bled?
    Major front suspension clunk and steering wheel vibration over 40mph- probably control arms but again, not sure.
    Cracked dash.
    Broken odo at 198k.
    Maintenance history unknown.
    The aforementioned dirtiness.
    Heater fan broken, AC fan works.
    No radio - was wired for a CD player, but it was broken when I got the car.
    Trunk leaks some, no rust in there as far as I know though. Seal is dry rotted.
    I think I blew the fuse for the power windows messing with the radio, but they worked when I got the car.
    One broken fog light.

Overall this is a dirty E28 that will make a good, easy project, swap or DD candidate.

Also: front DB is 'custom tucked' an inch or two on the right side. Visible in the picture of the front, doesn't affect the car, you're going to tuck these bumpers anyway. Somebody probably hit a light pole or something.

Comment

Offers? Trade for guitar stuff, maybe.

Comment

Working...
      X