Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new E34 10" Subwoofer, now in stock at G.A.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new E34 10" Subwoofer, now in stock at G.A.S.

Guys, I told you we would get some installed pics up, so here they are.

First, a shot showing all the convolutions of the face. The point of all that work is to create a solid seal into the cabin. More on what the seal accomplishes shortly. The seal is important enough for us to spend a bunch of time perfecting, and is one of the reasons our subwoofer boxes sound so damn good:

This is the fit of the box fit, naked:

..and upholstered:

I am thinking we will be including a strip of carpet so you could easily upholster the sheet metal surrounding the hole. It really looks much nicer, more finished. I will be doing my car shortly and I will show pictures of what to do.

Also in that picture you can see our primary design principle at work: GET THE BASS IN THE CAR! The seal we build forces all the bass into the cabin. That is why we don't make the little "tuck in the corner" type of enclosure, as you cannot seal the bass into the cabin. This obsessive fanaticism of ours has 5 major benefits:

First, Much higher efficiency. Think of it like this: all of the bass goes into the cabin, so none is wasted bouncing around in your trunk. This means you can use a smaller woofer and a smaller amp. Smaller woofers are more efficient in general, and since so much less power is needed to achieve very satisfying sound, there is less stress on your electrical system.

Seriously, you can have badass bass with as little as 150 watts on a $30 woofer.

Second, your car will be quieter. The box fits so well it creates an acoustic seal against general road noise and when properly installed, will make a noticeable difference in quietness. We are talking a significant difference here, enough that conversation is easier, sound quality is improved, all that jazz.

BTW, please don't waste your money on whatever "damping" material you are thinking of until you have heard this effect. I cannot stress this enough,
    you do not need to use any at all. I have zero added noise damping material in mine and have no rattles at all, none. I know we all think we need 1000 watts and 300 lbs of dynamat...but that is "car stereo shop" thinking...this is physics.

Third, due to the fact that all of the energy goes into the cabin, you get no rattles. The idea of keeping all the bass in the cabin also means drastically less "boom" outside the vehicle.

The effect is so extreme it is hard to understand until you have experienced it.

You can sit in a closed car with the stereo up LOUD, a solid 130db or more. Get out of the car and close the door... with the stereo blasting...and the lack of sound from the car is just shocking.

(This rule does not apply if the windows and sunroof are open BTW. Duh.)

Fourth, you get far greater clarity and detail, so the bass is more satisfying. I often hear how "I had 2 12's in my trunk, and I swear this one 10" is louder"...well, to a certain extent, that is true...but that isn't the point.

The sound quality these boxes make means the bass simply feel better. You get a nice solid "kick" at moderate volumes, the impact is unmistakable. Higher volumes shakes the car pretty hard, like a comment on our FB page where he "thought something broke in the back of my car, I had this crazy thumping feel" so he turned the stereo down...and it was gone....the funny part is it was a song he knew, but had never heard the bass "hit" like that.

Fifth, you get to keep most of your trunk space. Even using our spiffy amp rack, spare tire access is not an issue.

Sorry for the filthy trunk, but here is a pic of a black box (gray pics coming soon) installed.

As you see from the tape measure, you will have just over 30" of trunk space.

It really does have a small footprint once installed, using what many call "useless space". One thing is for certain: it is worth the loss of trunk space to get the quality of sound this will produce.

So, if you own an E34 that has a trunk and are thinking you just might be tired of crappy sound in your car, this just might be the thing for you.

If you are looking to "boom the hood"...well, that is just not our style. Buy something else. If you want clean, solid, deep bass, we got you covered.

Prices are $220 plus shipping for either black or "near perfect" gray. We will be making our sexy and beautiful amp racks for these boxes too, so if you know you want a jaw dropping presentation, If you have an ///M car, please contact us for further details. We got you covered, too.

Thanks again R3V for all your support over the years. Look for more tutorials, more new designs and more new products soon. This forum made this company happen, let us show you why so many say "the only box a BMW should have is a Luke box" (damn, that sounds so conceited...but it is the truth, I hear it all the time)

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

No replies yet? Wow, the E34 guys must be sleeping!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Weird..first thread of mine to get more attention on BF.c, thats for sure!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Amazing work, I will be in touch later this month for sure! I gotta have one

Comment

Loving mine Luke! Thanks again to you and Justin for delivering it to Portland last week. It does sound amazing ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tooslow View Post
            Amazing work, I will be in touch later this month for sure! I gotta have one
            Sweet, keep us posted. These are in stock and ready to ship in both 10" and 12"!

Originally posted by Evil-E View Post
            Loving mine Luke! Thanks again to you and Justin for delivering it to Portland last week. It does sound amazing ;)
            Woot! Thanks and glad you are happy with it.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

How will this compare to the 12"? Is the 12 just going to be louder?

Also, just curious, but how is the M5 trunk different?

Comment

I have the E34 12" and amp rack in my car. I ran the ports through the rear deck and it does some pretty thunderous stuff pretty well. On Jayo Felonys' "How Angry" the initial thunder drop and the following deep lingering drop really come across well. Most systems can't even play that note, much less transmit it effectively.

Conversely, I have been listening to a ton of Zydeco. If you have never heard "modern" Gospel or Zydeco, listen to "This Train" from "5 Card Stud" by Buckwheat Zydeco. That is an amazing recording...listen as the kick drum comes in behind the Hammond...wait for the bass guitar to get busy, it is just as clean and defined as anyone could hope for. On my system, which consists of all stock drivers, a $200 JVC deck and a fairly expensive amp running a 20 year old Fosgate woofer...well, the clarity of the bass guitar and the quality of the kick drum is absolutely extraordinary.

I am going to be installing the 10" version in the next few days. I want to spend some quality time with it. I will be using the same amp but this time on an Infinty reference, but an older one. I am expecting to have a sharktooth 10" and 12" in my hands in a day or three, I am hoping to get to listen to them too.

I say the E34 10 is a winner. The system I built for Darin a couple years ago when he got his E34 is now in Joe Crivellones hands, he has never been so happy. The 10" made plenty of bottom, but not as dramatic as the 12. They both loved it...I still remember James Crivellones first reaction: "wait, that's ONE TEN?" So yeah, it works. Nice to not have to cut holes to get the best performance out of it too, so as always, there are decisions.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

bumping this again, we have boxes ready to ship!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Got any E28 10" boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                      Got any E28 10" boxes?
                      We built one, and likely will never do so again. There just is not enough room to get the woofer and ports on the face.

The E28 12" is in stock though, and your car really does need bigger bass. Have you heard Justins E28 yet?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        Sweet, keep us posted. These are in stock and ready to ship in both 10" and 12"!

Luke
                        I am in Portland, could I pick it up and save on shipping?

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

So... what about tourings? :-D

Comment

Originally posted by tooslow View Post
                            I am in Portland, could I pick it up and save on shipping?

Thanks,

Josh
                            Yes, of course, but I bet you end up spending more to come up to us! We will be making a PDX run in the next couple of days though. We get some of our supplies in PDX, we could meet pretty much wherever.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                              So... what about tourings? :-D
                              Coming soon! What color is that interior?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                              X