WTB: ST 25/19 E28 sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: ST 25/19 E28 sway bars

I'm frantically searching for a set of the ST 25/19mm sway bars for my E28, but all that seems to be available now is the 22/16 set. Can anyone point me in the direction of some 25/19 bars?

Thank you!

-Nick

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
    2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Shox.com had the 25/19 set (PN: 89842) listed on their website on Monday, but not today.
    When I called the rep said they'd need 20 orders to be able to ask for another run, and also said I might try Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent BMW.
    I haven't called La Jolla yet, but it's worth a try.

Comment

I have a set of e28 sway bar, IIRC it's 22mm in front and 19mm in the rear. PM me if interested. I'll check the measurements again.

Bo

Comment

Originally posted by e30partsguy View Post
        I have a set of e28 sway bar, IIRC it's 22mm in front and 19mm in the rear. PM me if interested. I'll check the measurements again.

Bo

[ATTACH]70818[/ATTACH]
        I would be interested if it's a 25/19 set. Let me know, thanks!

Comment

Bo

[ATTACH]70818[/ATTACH]
          Have you been able to check the actual size of your bars?

I'm still looking for a 25/19 set!

Comment

Sway bars I got are 25mm front and 19mm rear. $160 shipped

Bo

Comment

Sway bars I got are 25mm front and 19mm rear. $160 shipped

Bo
              PM sent!

Comment

I believed it's oem sway bars, rear sway bar bushings and brackets included.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e28 sway bars.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	7155776

Comment

I believed it's oem sway bars, rear sway bar bushings and brackets included.

[ATTACH]70996[/ATTACH]
                  So that would make these M5 bars, as that was the only one to come with 25/18 bars. What makes you sure these are 25/18? Are there any part numbers on them to verify what they are?

On closer inspection, that looks like the front bar has the bracket, not the rear (the top one has a kink in it to clear to diff). Does anyone know if I can reuse the stock 528e bracket for the M5 RSB?
                  Last edited by 95maxrider; 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Since it looks like the OEM M5 sway bars are my only option at this point if I want 25/19 bars, I need to start thinking about bushings. Do most people stay with stock bushings or go aftermarket? The only aftermarket ones I found are the Powerflex ones, and they are EXPENSIVE!

$54 for the fronts

And freaking $92 for the rear!?!? How in the world is that $92 worth of parts?

I haven't checked OEM prices, but even they can't be that overpriced. What do you guys think?

Comment

Does anyone know if I can reuse the stock 528e bracket for the M5 RSB? Or do I also need to source M5 RSB brackets as well?

Comment

Front & rear bushings and brackets included with sway bars.

Name:	e28 sway bars 19mm.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	7155806

Name:	e28 sway bars 25mm.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	7155807

Comment

Front & rear bushings and brackets included with sway bars.

[ATTACH]71030[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]71031[/ATTACH]
                          Awesome! I was getting worried because I'm having trouble finding any M5 brackets for sale. I take it you found the other brackets lying around? Can I bug you for a pic of the F+R brackets?

THANK YOU!!!

Comment

[ATTACH]71148[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nick-

I'd tentatively go with a 25mm aftermarket front and still look at an 18mm rear, if it were me. If the sways are loose in the bracket,s you have nothing but a loose, rattling mess that does not actually provide roll stability.

I know it isn't the best idea, but I reused my stock bushings with a small amount of material removed at the existing slit. That will have to do until I can source my correct bushings for the 'vert/M3 bars on my 325.
                              Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Working...
                              X