FS: 85 535i e28 Temecula Ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 85 535i e28 Temecula Ca

Left California and the car is still there. would love to keep it but have no way of getting it home. has 240k on the broken odo(its an m30 tho so dont worry ;)). PO said he put no more than 5k on it since then and i drove it from LA to temecula. and once from Temecula to a skatepark in oceanside. Broke my foot and couldnt drive it so it sat. Has brand new tires on the front. like 10 miles on them. heres the thread on mye28 from the PO. He took good care of it and kept detailed records. PASSES SMOG It was done in feb i believe; not sure how lon gthose sheets are good for thouhg..

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=113356&highlight=

Pros:
    * Clean title, registered, passed smog this week, ready to go.
    * Engine pulls strong, never overheats, clutch is good with lots of life left.
    * BavAuto springs (pretty new) and Bilsteins (older).
    * 16x8" style 5 wheels with staggered tire sizing (front 205/55/16, rear 225/50/16) and lots of life left on the tires.
    * All brake pads and rotors replaced less than a year ago.
    * AC has was recharged in Spring, blew nice and cold all Summer. I have no reason to believe it won't continue to do so, but with this current weather it's difficult to test.
    * Brand new battery and starter.
    * Interior leather has no major stains or rips.
    * Recently replaced control arm bushings, tie rod ends, rear diff mount.
    * The exhaust from cat to stock muffler is new custom piping, no resonator, gives it a nice grumble, not obnoxious.
    * Brand new BMW OEM shifter boot.
    * It's been well maintained with regular oil changes (Valvoline VR1 20W50).

Cons:
    * Passenger side interior door handle broke and fell into the door -- I have a replacement handle ready for new owner to install.
    * Rear power windows don't work.
    * No front speakers or stereo head unit (head unit was stolen).
    * There's a bit of a clunk in the front end when steering hard at slow (almost stopped) speeds.
    * Needs alignment. Tracks straight, but there is a shimmy between 50-55 mph, and the steering could be a bit sharper. The car cruises just fine at all other speeds, nice and stable at high speeds.
    * Power steering works intermittently (although a new power steering hose was installed recently).
    * Engine ticks like I'm told all M30s do. I had a valve adjustment done a year ago, ticking didn't change much, mechanic said that's normal, not my favorite sound but it hasn't gotten worse in the year that I've had it.
    * Rust under the rear bumper (see photo) and a few small bubbles underneath paint, not really visible unless you get close.
    * Shifter has some play in it. Once I became accustomed to it it stopped bothering me. It consistently goes into all gears very smoothly.
    * A previous owner cut a hole in the rear deck (see photo), presumably to house a speaker or sub, which is not present, so there's just a hole.

I'm not a salesman, I'm listing every con I can think of to avoid surprises. I'm an open book, not an E28 expert but I'll answer anything I can, ask away.

A Diamantschwarz respray happened at some point before my ownership, and it looks good from 20 feet, but is flaking just below the windshield as shown in the photo. As you can see, the driver door is not Diamantschwarz -- a friendly neighbor backed into the door and fled the scene, so the door you see is a salvage yard replacement. It functions fine (could be adjusted a bit to diminish road noise), power window works, but locks must be engaged manually.

It needs a quart or so of oil between changes. The odometer stopped at 240k. I've put less than 5K on it since, so my most generous estimate is that the car has absolutely no more than 250k miles.
    I never got a chance to look under the car but theres some rust there for sure. One of the exhaust tips fell off and is in the trunk. ac blows cold. run vr1 oil so it got dat zinc.

If you would like to see it or drive it PM me and we can arrange something.

I paid $1900. Would like to get that back

pitchars

sold

Comment

Working...
    X