E28/E24 lowing springs Dinan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28/E24 lowing springs Dinan

I have a set of Dinan lowering springs freshly powder coated. I am asking for $230.00 shipped lower 48 states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by downernsp; 08-01-2014, 02:15 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

How old? Any proof they are Dinan? Do you happen to know spring rate or pics of what they were on and how it sat?

Thanks

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post
        How old? Any proof they are Dinan? Do you happen to know spring rate or pics of what they were on and how it sat?

Thanks

I got these from Paul LaDue big E28/E24 guy. I took his work as we at IE remade them. As for rates we at IE will not even give you rates. What will stop you form making them is rates where provided.

Originally posted by igotbank View Post
        +1

Same as above.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

drop is 1"

Comment

Bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump

Comment

Price dropped 230 shipped feeling in a good mood.. Thanks guy

Comment

Why are you advertising these as Dinan? The springs that IE made for Paul were wrong. They were almost double the rate in front because IE used too large diameter stock. Please stop representing these as a Dinan product.
                  '88 e28 B9
                  '74 e12 525

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy View Post
                    Any proof they are Dinan? Do you happen to know spring rate
                    Real Dinan are blue, and have a recognizable sharp point on the ends of the spring wire.
                    Spring rates for e28 & e24 fitment, non SLS:
                    Real Dinan = F 224, R 274 ( notice that the rears are stiffer than the fronts. That's what makes Dinan different that almost every other spring made for the e28 )
                    IE(Ladue) = 334(!), R 260

*I'm not hostile towards IE, I actually like what they do. They just didn't do these right.
                    '88 e28 B9
                    '74 e12 525

Comment

Haha please read post again. @ buzz bomb, I clearly state newly powder coated. This only make my thread look as if I am lying thanks 👍👍. IE does have similar color as I did, but that was my preference vs IE part. I got these specifically from LaDue as he had 3 sets Dinan. I wish people read before putting their two sense.

Comment

Mods please close thread rather throw them in the trash then to deal with ignorance. Wow is all I can say thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by downernsp View Post
                          Mods please close thread rather throw them in the trash then to deal with ignorance. Wow is all I can say thanks..
                          Let's talk about ignorance for a sec.
                          If you got them from Paul, they were made by IE to incorrect specs. I know this for a fact.
                          You are representing them as a Dinan spring, which they are not, regardless of color.
                          I wasn't even going to bring this up, but this:
                          "As for rates we at IE will not even give you rates. What will stop you form making them is rates where provided."
                          That is about the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. No spring manufacturer makes their spring rate a secret.
                          The spring rate is the reason you buy aftermarket springs in the first place, next to drop!
                          Why would anyone buy a spring with a "mystery" spring rate? Just thinking about it makes me laugh out loud.
                          I know Paul personally, and I know all about these springs, and the story behind them.
                          Just to help a brother out:
                          Any spring rate can be found with a tape measure and a micrometer.
                          Measure coil outer diameter, wire outer diameter, and number of turns. (Formula by request- Not needed in this discussion, since I already offered the rates earlier)

BOOM! Spring rate known.

If this is me being ignorant, well, there's your sign...
                          Last edited by BuzzBomb; 08-13-2014, 02:35 PM.
                          '88 e28 B9
                          '74 e12 525

Comment

😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Again ignorance please stop bashing the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X