Announcement

Collapse

Classified Forums - READ THIS FIRST

* Post a PRICE! Please do not list something for sale without a price. If you're looking for bids, use eBay. If you post a for sale thread without a price it may be locked or deleted.

* Please post your LOCATION. It helps potential buyers know where you are located! This is very important in the sale of bigger items and vehicles.

* Thread crapping is NOT acceptable. If you are not interested in purchasing the item that is offered for sale or have nothing positive to add, please stay out of the thread. Thread crapping can result in account suspension.

* Don't forget, a picture says a thousand words! Include pictures with your listing whenever possible. R3V offers free image hosting in the gallery.
See more
See less

E34 M5 contoured shifter surround.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 M5 contoured shifter surround.

Tried to order thru a vendor and received the standard version which I have to return. Anyone have one for sale? Any color? Or know if any colors are still available from BMW?

I tried to track down whether it was NLA in all colors but cannot find enough information.

This makes me think the part numbers are wrong.

I'm 100% sure that part 31 in the BMW fans page is actually incorrect.
    The image is irrelevant, it's incorrect.

If you look at realOEM as well, on any NA-spec M5 I've ever seen, the image of part 31 never shows up. The catalogue just uses the image for the stock shifter filler:
    http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...1&fg=35&hl=244

If you look at this page:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1657083

You will see two part numbers that others have ordered:

The schwartz one (023) even has a picture, including the order invoice:

Now go back to the bmwfans.info page:
    http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E3...ing_partition/
    ...guess where those 2 items show up?

Item 2.

So once again, ignore the picture - it's wrong.
    51 16 8 138 278 is the M5 Parchment surround.

Believe me, I spent a lot of time digging allllll over the place when I was trying to track down mine in black leather, as opposed to vinyl. (51 16 2 237 026, by the way.) I think it was NLA and I ended up buying an anthracite one... I'll have to check.

Are any of these the contoured panel?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...1&fg=35&hl=462

Comment

It's a long shot but I sent a email to BMW with those parts numbers and a image of the proper panel, maybe we can put the confusion to rest. Won't hold my breath haha.

Comment

I looked into this a while back and according to Blunt over at Blunttech, they are all NLA.

I bought this part number over a year ago when they were still avialable and got this:

sigpic

Comment

I spoke to Blunt about it as well. I am hoping to find a used one, or to find a different color under a obscure part number. Really bums me out for being such a minor item...

Comment

I've been considering making them, but it would be quite a bit of work to get setup. Building a mold and vacuum forming them though would be the easiest way.
            sigpic

Comment

Get outta my head! I was thinking this too... You would have zero problems selling them. Seems like a simple enough part to attempt it, easier said than done I am sure.

Comment

Layne over no BfC made a run of reps. Great quality. I got one. Have to wrap it. He said he got lots of interest, but typical all talk, no $$ bullshit.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5 : 2007 335i/6

Comment

Fuck me running, I would have sent payment immediately...

Comment

Try shooting him a PM, he's in TX. There was a thread on BfC e34 crew on Facebook. That's where I got mine through.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5 : 2007 335i/6

Comment

Sent him a email, We will see. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X