Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 BMW 535is Alpine White/Cardinal Red (5 Speed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 BMW 535is Alpine White/Cardinal Red (5 Speed)

For sale is my 1987 535is it's a 5 speed with 204k miles Alpine White on Cardinal Red leather. The car is great condition considering the fact that it is 27 years old. It was owned by the same family since new (until I acquired it) and was always maintained with the utmost care. I have service records dating back to 1987 when the car was new as well as all the books and manuals.

Details

1987 535is Alpine White Exterior/Cardinal Red Interior
      5 Speed Manual
      Clean Title
      95% rust free (rust around the license plate lights, right rear bumper shock mount, small hole in spare tire well)
      Matching vin tags on all body panels except for the drivers side front fender it has a DOT-R replacement
      Complete tool kit
      Everything on the car works as it should: windows,lights,heater,sun roof etc..
      Sony CD Player
      Paint condition is a 8/10 Shines very well with no dents or scratches
      Interior is 8/10 leather is soft and supple, no rips tears or holes in the leather, If the seats were re-dyed they would look perfect! The dash has 1 crack that's about an inch long.
      Runs and drives great, Engine pulls hard! Transmission shifts nice and smooth

Engine/Drive Train

The following parts were replaced less then 20k miles ago
    • New Alternator
      Distributor cap
      Motor Mount left & right
      Spark plugs
      Coil
      Ignition wires
      Fuel filter
      Air Filter
      Upper and lower radiator hoses

Things that may need attention
    • Needs a new blower motor (For the heater)
      Shifter bushings should be replaced as its a little sloppy
      Needs rear shocks as the ride is a little bouncy ( I would replace the front as well while I'm at it)
      Will need a clutch pedal bracket in the future

All in all its a great example of an original unmolested 535is. These e28's are getting harder and harder to find in nice shape, especially the 535is. The car just needs a little TLC and it could be almost perfect! It would be a great candidate to fix up while still being your daily driver. With that be said my asking price is $5000. Please let me know if your have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Working...
X