Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rally-x E28 part out with E34 parts!

Now it's time for the sad task of parting out what's left of the E28. The shell is up for grabs if anyone wants the whole thing. It's currently out in Martinsburg, WV if anyone is interested. If nobody speaks up soon, it will be stripped and sent off to a junkyard. :(

***If you want to pick parts up, they will either be available in either Martinsburg, WV or Herndon, VA.***

***Here are the parts that have already been spoken for: Motor, trans, diff, and seats. Everything else except for my rally wheels is up for grabs.***

I'll start with the stuff that I assume will sell fast and work my way down to the small stuff.

First up is the brand new OEM gas tank. It has something like 200 miles on it. The going rate for these new seems to be $600+ plus shipping (~$70). I'm asking $500 shipped, and that will include the in tank pumps that still worked just fine, or $425 picked up.

Next up are strut tower bars made by a guy on the forums. Jake B IIRC. The front bar was modified to clear the larger intake manifold from the 885 head swap. They have been painted with the crinkle black paint (not shown). $220 shipped, $200 picked up.

Next up is the skid plate and custom bracing. The rear of the skid plate is held in place by two bolts that were welded to the body, so this isn't exactly a bolt in job, but I'm pretty sure it's the only one in existence this beefy. $150 shipped, $120 picked up.

Next up are both axles. I replaced three of the four boots and repacked them with synthetic grease over the last couple years. The fourth boot is not cracked and does not leak. $100 each shipped, $70 picked up each. I'll include the other new boot with the axle that only had one boot replaced

I think I'm also going to put up the Style 4 wheels (16x8, forged, +23 IIRC). I do not have the center caps. They have Hankook Ventus V12 tires with 60%+ tread left. I planned on painting all the wheels, as three of them came with some pretty nasty caked on brake dust. I bought some nice wheel paint ($50+) but never got around to actually painting them. We did all the sanding already, so they're actually in pretty good shape. There is some very light curb rash, but nothing major, and I don't think any of them are bent. I'm not really interested in shipping these unless someone is willing to pay $150+ to do so. I will include all the paint and clear coat along with the wheels. Asking $550 picked up.

Now for the less sexy stuff.

1988 528e electrical wiring diagram booklet, $10 shipped.

21.5mm Powerflex swaybar bushings, never used, $40 shipped

Ireland Engineering poly steering coupler, $15 shipped

Brand new OEM e-brake cables. Please check the PN to make sure it will work on your car. $50 shipped.

Legit Alpina 173 ECU chip for a 2.7i motor with a cam, $150 shipped

Brand new Bosch fuel filter, $15 shipped.

Brand new ATE e-brake shoes including hardware, $20 shipped

Original tweeters. I have no idea if they work. $10 shipped?

Other parts that I don't have pics for are:

Radiator- $100 shipped, $50 picked up
    Ireland Engineering SS brake lines- $80 shipped, $70 picked up
    Front fenders- $25 each picked up, no shipping
    Motor mount arms- $50 shipped each, $40 picked up each
    E34 front BBK. Brembo rotors, ATE OEM pads, 525i calipers. Less than 1,000 miles on the whole setup. $150 shipped, $100 picked up.
    New-ish coolant overflow tank with new caps- $30 shipped, $20 picked up
    New-ish power steering reservoir with new cap- $30 shipped, $20 picked up
    Driveshaft- $80 picked up, no shipping

Phew, that's a lot of stuff! If you buy multiple items we can work out package deals and save on shipping costs. Let me know if there are any other random items you might want from the front end. There isn't much to speak of in the interior. Thanks for looking guys!

________________________1988 528e Rally-xmobile___________________
    2014 WDCR Rally-X MR Season Champion, 2014 NE Div. Challenge MR Winner

Alright guys, I've got some of this stuff sold, but there's more to go!

First up are the E34 Koni rear shocks with E34 rear springs with one coil cut (properly) and Moosehead Engineering rear shock mounts. These had been installed on the car for about 7 months and about 2,000 miles. With the coil cut they are pretty much at stock height, but they are firmer than stock. The shocks were $300 new, and the ME mounts were about $90, and with the springs and other little things, there is over $400 in this setup. I'll let it go for $300 shipped or $275 picked up.

Next up we have some E34 front calipers and OEM pads with about 2,000 miles on them. They also have the IE SS lines on them. I'm asking $80 shipped for all of it.

I also have a set of brand new rear pads and rotors for the E28. The pads (not shown) are ATE OEM pads. I also have brand new e-brake shoes (see above FS post). Asking $100 shipped for all of it. Freshen up your rear brakes for cheap!

I also have my old rear Bilsteins and stock springs. They are in rough shape, but you can send them back to Bilstein (IIRC) if you recently bought new ones as warranty items and get new ones for free. They never leaked any fluid, and probably only have 8,000 miles on them. $40 shipped.---SOLD!!!

I also got the strut bars off the car. The front bar was modified to clear the larger intake manifold from the 885 head swap (M20 cars only I think). They have been painted with the crinkle black paint. $220 shipped, $200 picked up.---SOLD!!!

Please buy my stuff!!

Comment

Sad to see this. Decide to try another car for rally?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by South26 View Post
        Sad to see this. Decide to try another car for rally?

Andy

Hi Andy! I bought so many parts from you over the years, thanks for everything! I have indeed bought a new car, and I have a build thread. Here's a teaser:

Comment

Car looks good, sorry to see the damage done to the e28. Sorry can longer help with parts on the e36.

Andy

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Bump! I still have parts for sale that I need to get rid of. They are:

-16x8 style 4 wheels with tires
                -brand new gas tank
                -rebuilt axles
                -skid plate

Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Comment

What's the diff?
                  sigpic
                  1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                  I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
                    What's the diff?
                    The diff is a 3 clutch pack LSD 3.73 but my buddy Patrick bought it along with the motor and trans and put it all in his E30 vert.

Comment

Working...
                    X