FS: 88 E28 535i 5sp/lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 88 E28 535i 5sp/lsd

I have for sale my 1988 BMW 535i. VIN: WBADC7401J1719715. It has the following options: 5 speed manual transmission, 3.25 LSD, delphin grey exterior color with black interior, power windows, power tilting sunroof and the original radio (stills functions well). Overall, the E28 is in good condition, especially mechanically. Over the last year, I have completed a lot of work to the car to get it to a good, reliable point. The car is currently being stored at my shop located just two miles north of Dulles Airport in Sterling, Virginia

It currently has 283,200 miles on it. Both odometers work, recently rebuilt with new Odometer gears. All the lights work, the OBC works well, it has a Momo Prototipo black sport wheel with a Reknown BMW horn button. Seats are from a 1989 Porsche 944 S2, original Comfort seats will go with the sale.

Some of the bigger items are : (all completed in the last 8 months)
    • Garagistic modified rear subframe. They take the subframe and clean it up, weld in alignment tabs for the trailing arms and strengthening straps for the diff, then powder coat it black. So now it has full alignment capabilities in the rear
    • Ireland Eng. poly rear subframe mounts
    • Ireland Eng. Poly engine mounts & UUC black trans mounts
    • a new E28 M5 clutch and a lightened single-mass flywheel
    • a UUC short shifter and new coupler
    • I has a fully built exhaust system: Ireland Eng. Headers into a Flowmaster HP-2 muffler and a Vibrant resonator with 2.5” stainless piping and new OEM oxygen sensor. Sounds really good.
    • Turner Motorsports chip
    • 19 lb Bosch – Mustang Fuel Injectors: bench tested, flowed, balanced and rebuilt fully
    • Performed a full major service (valve adjustment, engine oil & filter – Redline 20w50 oil, trans fluid – Redline MTL, diff fluid – Redline 75W90NS, fuel filter, air filter, all drive belts, spark plugs, dist cap, rotor, wires, ignition coil, and flushed the power steering fluid)
    • E30 M3 VAC Motorpsorts electric radiator fan and removed the original water pump driven fan
    • Two sets of wheels: 16x8” basketweaves with 225/50R16 Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires (brand new, maybe 40 miles on them) and 15x7” basketweaves with 195/60R15 Michelin X-ice 3 winter tires (almost new, maybe 300 – 400 miles on them).
    • E34 540i calipers (fully torn down, bead blasted, cleaned, pistons polished, rebuilt and painted red), new E34 540i rotors, ECS tuning brass caliper bushings and DOT stainless steel brake hoses. ATE typ 200 brake fluid. ECS Tuning extended wheel studs and BMW 17mm lug nuts.
    • A/C system completely deleted (evap core still in dash). The compressor was seized prior to my ownership and the system looked bad, it was easier to remove than to repair
    • Ireland Eng. Silicone cooling hose kit & coolant flush (BMW blue coolant used)
    • Poly front control arm bushings and 4 wheel alignment
    • New windshield & seal (old windshield was cracked)
    • New water pump, thermostat and coolant flush

I have the complete spreadsheet of ALL of the work I ever had done to the car that includes: work performed, date, mileage and extra info. I can email that spreadsheet to anyone interested in knowing.

Like all of these cars, it has a few issues: only one key, and a small bit of rust in the trunk and behind the right front wheel, some small dents (by passenger head light, near fuel filler, both small) and the clear coat on the hood, roof and trunk has some oxidation. I did the best I could to “restore” the clear coat with a full polish and wax job a few months ago, it really helped.

I am free to show the car to anyone interested. I am the shop foreman at an independent Porsche/BMW shop located in Northern Virginia. I would be happy to put the E28 on a lift for people to see. Test drives are welcome. It is ready to go to a go home.

Im asking $7500 for the car. Clean VA title in hand. Vehicle sold AS-IS, no warranty.

Last note: If you saw this E28 for sale before, I had it listed on a few sites including CL, after a CL buyer failed to come thru, I am relisting my E28 here.

Contact me at agoodnight85@gmail.com

Attached Files
Working...
X