e34 535 with s5X swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 535 with s5X swap questions

11/88 535 chasis with 95 m3 motor with 94 525 harness .Also auto to manual swap.

Have the swap about 85% done, just have some questions about this swap if someone has done it .Trying to find info on the web but nothing.mostly m50 non vanos to vanos swaps.
    Just trying to see if there is anything needed to be wired on the transmission side besides the switches?
    Pin out is done but would like to double check with somebody that has started the car (went thru ETM) .The X20 on this car is a 20 pin instead of 25 pin.
    Any help will be kool .Thx

You should not have to wire anything to the transmission itself beyond the reverse light switch.

Comment

Something I thought I would do when I was looking at a blown 535/5i, but went with a 525i/5 to start with.

Let us know how it all goes.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I finished filling fluids and pressure checking for no leaks and I was good,till I tried to start and got no fuel or spark.checked crank sensor ohms and scoped it I got signal .checked my main grounds full contact on those.next will be main relay and double checking wiring.
        If anyone has other ideas I am all ears but hopefully is just one of the above.

Comment

Does the auto need to look for a neutral switch? Did the car have an alarm previously?
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Main relay getting power? When you wired up the X20, did you make sure to keep the little wire on pin 21? There is a big green wire and a little wire that goes with it to power the main relay. If that wire wasn't connected when you did the harness, it won't turn on.

Also, if using E36 harness, ensure you have a good DME ground.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
            X