nice clutch and flywheel set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice clutch and flywheel set up?

I have an e24 and its getting time to do the clutch. It is a b32 motor and was wondering what you guys have had good success with. Ideally I would like to take advantage of the cam in the motor, 272 IIRC, as it likes to rev now. What is a good lightweight flywheel and strong clutch combo to take advantage of this. Looking for a budget approach, not cheap necessarily but getting the most for my money. Lightened m10 flywheel? m5 clutch?

I've got M5 cluch w/flywheel on my e28 now. As long as you DON'T have a g260/5 you can run that. Can't beat OEM parts.

You're B32 may already be running the M5 flywheel, as the 5/633 from certain years have the same part # and everything.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

533 is the light-weight option for the b34 crowd. Just get your b32 flywheel lightened. Done and done. Factory clutch is great as well.

sigpic

Comment

WISH I had the b32 flywheel, but the motor came out of an auto 733i so I am running a b34 flywheel and clutch. So I guess the best option would be to pick up a b32 flywheel, lighten it, and run a stock clutch? What about m10 options? IIRC from my research on running a g240 trans with the m30, I was gonna run a lightened m10 flywheel and m5 clutch. Does that sound right?

Comment

I ended up buying my 533i flywheel new,as no one was selling theres.

I got one the remaining 3 in BMW's stockpile.

Comment

Working...
          X