M60/62 into E28 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M60/62 into E28 swap.

Im looking for some build threads for either V8 engine into a E28.
    I know alot about "S" inline motors but not much about the BMW V8. Did a search and only like one thread came up. Im sure someone out there has done it.
    300hp in my E28 sounds like funs. And before you post "just swap in a LS", hell no! If I wanted a Chevy I could buy a camaro.
    Also I figured with bimmerforums being on the fritz lots of people will be hovering the R3V!

Not a build thread...but cool nonetheless!

“What’s the difference between a Car Spotlight and a Car Feature?”… this question was asked to me by the various Speedhunters writers, a few times during the first months of the website’s existence. The answer I gave them was like so: a car feature shows pictures of all a car’s major components and provides detailed …

Comment

That is cool! If the dam M60 fit in the E34 it hopefully will drop right in the E28 as does the M30. Im not one for major chassis modification. But who knows I can be talked into it. More research to come.
      The reason im contemplating it, is because the local pick in pull has half off engine days. Which makes a complete engine like $250.

Comment

Originally posted by savannah996 View Post
        That is cool! If the dam M60 fit in the E34 it hopefully will drop right in the E28 as does the M30. Im not one for major chassis modification. But who knows I can be talked into it. More research to come.
        The reason im contemplating it, is because the local pick in pull has half off engine days. Which makes a complete engine like $250.
        Exhaust will have to be custom made and so will the Motor mounts. Its not a eazy swap,but it can be done.Oh ya and the Master and brake booster have to be moved as well.

M60 is the preferred choice as the timing guides arent emo like the m62,and Vanos.

Comment

My friend did an M60 e28. BMW4Aaron on mye28, maybe here too. He setup a site documenting it.

He's doing an M70 e28 as we speak.

M60 swap.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
            Not a build thread...but cool nonetheless!

http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/09/...track_day_e28/

That's the car Aaron built. Sold it to a guy in CA who tracks it. IIRC it's for sale currently.

Comment

Wow that thread you posted (slammine28guy) has lots of info. The site looks like it does too, thanks.
              Seems like the exhaust is a nightmare for someone with out a welder. Hell those headers look totally made my hand. I could never do that. It seems he used E30 mount arms, but I dont suppose the rubber E30 mounts would last very long. I can hammer and grind but when it comes to welding, I have to have someone else do it. If there was a kit with the headers and brake booster pieces this would be more my level of install. Maybe if I keep looking!

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                My friend did an M60 e28. BMW4Aaron on mye28, maybe here too. He setup a site documenting it.

He's doing an M70 e28 as we speak.

M60 swap.
                is your friend reachable? I tried emailing him through that site a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  Just go on mye28. BMW4ARRON or sumthin like that.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
                    Just go on mye28. BMW4ARRON or sumthin like that.
                    That's him. He's in the process of getting his own shop going, so he may be a bit preoccupied.

Also, he's working on that M70/e28/6sp swap too.

Comment

I wonder where the radiators going to go in the M70 swap? There doesnt look like there is enough room.

Comment

Working...
                      X