528e to i head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

528e to i head swap

Wondering if this would be as straight forward as the eta to i head swap? Is it as easy as wiring vharness and all i electronics and swapping them all along with ecu? Also would I need a late model trans because the g260 in it now has the 2 reference holes while late models use a cps and dont have those reference plugs?
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

It is a simple process, assuming you have all of the "I" parts available. You'll need most of the intake side from an "I" (injectors, FPR, intake, etc..), the harness, and ECU (173 preferred.) I probably omitted something, but this is well documented for the swap. On the timing front, you'll need the toothed harmonic balancer and crank sensor, plus the sensor mount that bolts unto the front.

You will not have to change transmissions, you can leave the sensors in the bell housing (disconnected), or pull them completely. You will need to source a wire set with the #6 sensor attached.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Which 528e? you need the 88 to have the right pistons.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by jmc1590 View Post
        It is a simple process, assuming you have all of the "I" parts available. You'll need most of the intake side from an "I" (injectors, FPR, intake, etc..), the harness, and ECU (173 preferred.) I probably omitted something, but this is well documented for the swap. On the timing front, you'll need the toothed harmonic balancer and crank sensor, plus the sensor mount that bolts unto the front.

You will not have to change transmissions, you can leave the sensors in the bell housing (disconnected), or pull them completely. You will need to source a wire set with the #6 sensor attached.

Hope this helps...
        that does help thanks. i was just a little iffy on the tranny part more than anything.

Originally posted by South26 View Post
        Which 528e? you need the 88 to have the right pistons.

Andy
        iirc all 528e's were eta bottom ends that will bolt right up to a 885 or 731 head the 88 was just special because of the SETA pistons.

Comment

isnt the fuse box totally different on a 528e?
          Yours truly,
          Rich
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Rigmaster
          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Ah shit your right. Any ideas on how to make a e30 m20 wiring harness work?

Comment

hi

Configure your BMW vehicle

Are you interested in configuring your ideal BMW? Please select a country to visit the configurator in the Virtual Center or contact your local BMW dealer who will be happy to answer all your questions about the BMW model you are interested in.

signage
              Hoarding In U.P

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                Ah shit your right. Any ideas on how to make a e30 m20 wiring harness work?
                Either use a SETA harness from an 88 528e, or have someone make you an adapter for the round e30 plug to mate it to the e28 rectangular one.

1983 528e, 200k mile club, BBS Mahles.

Comment

Working...
                X