Stock E34 Radio Volume Knob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock E34 Radio Volume Knob Question

Hey guys. When I raise the volume I get a scratchy sound. I heard there's something I can spray in there after removing the volume knob that will cure it. Anyone know what it is? Thanks.

Electrical contact cleaner can help a scratchy volume control. Works better if you can remove the unit and stand it on its butt, then shoot the cleaner down into the volume potentiometer and let it sit a bit. Twist the knob a bit. Spray a bit more. Twist knob. Check your results.

Comment

As good as new. Removed the radio, volume knob and stood it upright. Sprayed the electrical cleaner down the shaft and turned the knob from low to high several times. Radio actually sounds much better and scratchy sound is no more. Great tip! Thanks John.

Comment

where can you get this stuff? I think i need some for mines

Comment

Auto parts stores, WalMart, Radio Shack, maybe even home depot

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Auto parts stores, WalMart, Radio Shack, maybe even home depot
            thanks. With mines the volume is not synced with the knob, it does not gradually increase or decrease in volume. Not sure if this is the same issue

Comment

Working...
            X