Calling Jlevie, no ground signal on pin #3 on 55 pin harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Jlevie, no ground signal on pin #3 on 55 pin harness

Good afternoon, I'm working on my 88 sixer. I can't get the DME to supply ground to pin 85 on the fuel pump relay. If I give terminal 85 on the fuel pump relay a ground source the fuel pump will run and the motor will start. I can also give the same wire (brown with green striper) a ground at terminal #3 at the DME connector and the pump will run and the motor will start. I have the Bentley, I'm looking directly at the wiring diagrams. It appears as though my DME is not supplying ground to pin three, I believe my DME is shot. Thoughts? The motor starts and runs fine with that circuit grounded.
    sigpic

I should mention it's a 179 ECU in place of a 150. The car started and ran with this DME last month with no issues and with nothing jumped.
    sigpic

Comment

Just realized my IAC is not working either. Found 12V on center pin. Went to DME connector and unplugged DME, check OHMS on 4 and 22 found 45ohms. Also checked IAC resistance at IAC found correct values according to Bentley. I tried a spare just for shits and giggles but no go. It looks like I need a 179 DME. Anybody have one?
      sigpic

Comment

What's up R3v?
        sigpic

Comment

New DME fixed it, thank for all the input fellas
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X