Fuel pump issue(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump issue(s)

I have an '89 touring with a 2000 m3 engine...(full swap). Recently, when I shut the car off the fuel pump will kick back on, the CE light will come on, & run for a couple seconds then shut off (CE light goes off). Then the fuel pump will come back on (CE light)... This will happen 3-4 times before finally stopping. Does anyone have a suggestion of what's going on? I have changed nothing in the car, this simply started happening.

I look forward to reading the ideas.

Many thanks,

Erik

S54 has a fuel pump controller, right?

My idea would be to hook up to the dme and the fuel pump controller and see what they think is happening.

www.bmwteka.com for wiring diagrams, but it doesn't seem like the fuel pump controller
    should have power with the key off. But maybe it does.

Bali has various threads where he links BMWScanner 1.4 and the BMW tools, if you don't have them.

hth,
    t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Anything else running when it’s not supposed to? Possible ignition switch starting to go?

Comment

I'm going to check the starter. Thanks for the heads up on the bmwscanner 1.4 & tools.

Comment

Right on, possibly be the ignition

Comment

Working...
          X