Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 lug conversion questions Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post

I have an LS in my car that probably makes right around 300hp/300ftlbs and the stock 318is brakes were plenty adequate for the track day that I did on them before I 5 lug swapped. A good pad will get you pretty far, that being said I did 5 lug swap for 17x9 wheel options since I run a 245 square tire setup and the 4 lug 17x9's in e30 fitment were few and far between.
    Ok cool, I wasn't aware that the 318is brakes would still be good for 300 hp/tq. numbers so if it just comes down to wheels I might hold off on the 5 lug swap for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Whit3 E30 View Post

Ok cool, I wasn't aware that the 318is brakes would still be good for 300 hp/tq. numbers so if it just comes down to wheels I might hold off on the 5 lug swap for now.
      The car is light, it doesn't take a whole lot to slow them down with a good pad. Pads are key though. I had some unknown probably house brand 2008 year or older pads on for my first track day last year in the car. I wouldn't say they were spectacular but I never had an issue slowing the car down the entire event. I will say a 245/45 A052 tire was sticky enough to over power the stock brakes. I couldn't lock the tires up, but I also never hit a point that I needed to either.

Comment

Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post

The car is light, it doesn't take a whole lot to slow them down with a good pad. Pads are key though. I had some unknown probably house brand 2008 year or older pads on for my first track day last year in the car. I wouldn't say they were spectacular but I never had an issue slowing the car down the entire event. I will say a 245/45 A052 tire was sticky enough to over power the stock brakes. I couldn't lock the tires up, but I also never hit a point that I needed to either.
        Thanks for the information 👍

Comment

Working...
        X