Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wrecked my e30 17 years ago. Fix or part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have somewhere else to store it, I would get it out of there and evaluate the car once it isn't full of leaves. Having set on the ground for that long, corrosion is a very distinct possibility. Realistically, its going to need everything. However, any e30 that is reasonably priced will as well (that includes items most do not consider, such as an HVAC box overhaul). You seem to have a lot of sentimental attachment to this particular car... if you find another chassis, that will not be there. If you're willing to buy a welder and do some repairs (which I have no doubt it will need), you might as well go ahead and save it. Just accept now that it will not be a short term endeavor.

For perspective, I still have my original e30. Many recommended to me that I should move onto a better shell years ago (due to rust, it starting as an m10 car, etc), I'm glad I ignored them.
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

Check your area for availability and price of cars available. There does seem to be a bit of a disconnect about what's out there now - not much around here! I would hold onto it until you find something better and/or evaluate what you have.

Comment

Working...
      X