Need help identifying skid plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying skid plate

Hey all, I haven’t been active here for many years, and forgot my password and have long since abandoned the email I used when first joining, so I had to make a new account. I’ve recently moved after being at my house for 11 years, and I found some old e30 parts stashed away in the shed.

I need help identifying this skid plate. I’ve searched online and cannot find one like it. Any input is appreciated.

- Mike

you kind of identified it already. e30 pan protector, it's not strong enough to be considered a real skid plate. i don't think every car came with it, and they tend to get removed and left off for access. they may have been included at a certain trim level. my car had all the covers intact when i got it, and it was equipped with one.

edit : sorry it's the trans pan protector. it attaches to the removable bell housing part in the front. i've had it off my car for a few years. just went to see where it locates.
    Last edited by 82eye; 10-05-2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
      you kind of identified it already. e30 pan protector, it's not strong enough to be considered a real skid plate. i don't think every car came with it, and they tend to get removed and left off for access. they may have been included at a certain trim level. my car had all the covers intact when i got it, and it was equipped with one.
      Gotcha, so it is an OEM part? It is pretty thin aluminum, so yeah probably not very strong. Thanks, I just wasn’t sure if it was an aftermarket piece or optional OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by ekim3 View Post

Gotcha, so it is an OEM part? It is pretty thin aluminum, so yeah probably not very strong. Thanks, I just wasn’t sure if it was an aftermarket piece or optional OEM.

you replied while i edited lol. its' the trans pan protector / splash guard.

edit : yeah it's oem.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	dsc01345d-jpg.310366.jpg Views:	4 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	10070610 found a pic online

edit : honestly don't remember it locating on the front sub. just dropped and painted mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	dsc01345d-jpg.310366.jpg Views:	4 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	10070610 found a pic online

edit : honestly don't remember it locating on the front sub. just dropped and painted mine.
            Thanks again. Mine looks a little different, but that looks like where it goes probably.

Comment

Working...
            X