Replace spare tire... 195/65/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace spare tire... 195/65/14

Anyone know who actually makes a 195/65/14 tire? My spare is 30 years old, and I plan to replace it in case it actually needs to be used one day... Tire Rack doesnt list anything...
    1992 318i cabrio Alpinweiss 2
    2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

vredestein. get the dutch ones if you can. the ones made in india are downright dangerous, like driving on marbles.

Comment

I recently replaced the original spare tire (still looked perfect but obviously not safe) with a Nankang Cross sport sp-9. Found one on ebay that was old stock but never used with late 2020 date code for $69. Those happen to be the tires the car came with when i bought it recently and the price was good so I went for it. Ebay may be a good place to look for that size. From a quick search I see a number of single tires for around that same price. Of the budget brands Nankang is one of the more reputable. Wouldn't be my first choice but it was a no brainer since it matches whats on the car and they honestly drive perfectly fine.

Comment

Thanks all, will check them out...

Check that, just found a Michelin! Ordering:
        Car fitments: Alfa Romeo 75 Twin Spark, V6 et 1,8 turbo; Audi 80 1,8 et 1,9, 1,6 turbo diesel, quattro 2,0i et turbo quattro 2,0i, 90 2,0 e, 2,2 et 2,3 ; Citro?n BX GTI 16 s ; Fiat Croma 2,0 i et ie, 2,0ie turbo, turbo diesel; Ford Sierra 2,0i, 4x4 2,8 ; Honda Accord 2,0i 16 s, Pr
        2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

I just ordered some Maxxis MA-202 from performanceplustires, haven't mounted them yet but they look good. The DOT number says they were made in 2022 so it's not really old stock which is nice

Comment

Originally posted by onesecond View Post
            I just ordered some Maxxis MA-202 from performanceplustires, haven't mounted them yet but they look good. The DOT number says they were made in 2022 so it's not really old stock which is nice
            Right, replacing worn tires with stock from 2017 doesnt do any good...
            2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

I got new tires last summer and went with the 195/60/14 Hankook Kinergy ST.

Comment

Originally posted by sna77 View Post

Right, replacing worn tires with stock from 2017 doesnt do any good...
                I meant that the tires were recently made which is hard to find for the 195/65/14. More of a bonus kind of thing, and for me was something I was looking out for as they are going to be my new daily tires.

Comment

I understood what you meant… Paying money for “new” tires that are 5 years old is stinks
                  2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Working...
                  X