Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the M3 shift boot fit the regular e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the M3 shift boot fit the regular e30?

The part # for the M3 shift boot: 25112237577 doesn't cross reference with any other e30 models... Any idea if the trim ring is the same size and will fit? Looks like the M3 one has a longer neck? I haven't seen the M3 in person to compare...

For leather, OEM options in black:

25112237577 M3 only Leather boot walk-nappa SCHWARZ (available)
    25112237555 E30 other Leather boot walk-nappa NLA

There is imitation black leather available but it looks really poor and bad in the pictures:

25111220204 E30 other Gear lever cover SCHWARZ (fake leather)

Turner also sells this Race German shift boot. Anyone know about the fitment of it?

1992 318i cabrio Alpinweiss 2
    2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

It's the same size as other E30's. The unique M3 shifter is a one piece mushroom shift knob/leather boot combo but it'll fit all E30's.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I got a leather e-brake cover and shift boot from the user 'stitched' that I really like, but it doesn't look he has been active on here for a while.
      I see similar products etsy where you can customize leather and stitch color too.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        It's the same size as other E30's. The unique M3 shifter is a one piece mushroom shift knob/leather boot combo but it'll fit all E30's.
        great, thanks! the neck seemed really long on the M3 one so wasn’t sure it would look right. I’m using the z3 short shift lever with a zhp knob
        2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Originally posted by sna77 View Post

great, thanks! the neck seemed really long on the M3 one so wasn’t sure it would look right. I’m using the z3 short shift lever with a zhp knob
          I just realized you posted the M3 only shift boot and not the combo. The longer neck would be the only difference I could think of but I wouldn't pay that much to find out! You can get replacement nappa boots for like $30.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I just realized you posted the M3 only shift boot and not the combo. The longer neck would be the only difference I could think of but I wouldn't pay that much to find out! You can get replacement nappa boots for like $30.
            Is the shift lever of and M3 longer? Wondering why the neck looks like that... Or if it could just fold down? I do love the look of black nappa leather. I don't mind the $200 if it'll be OEM, leather, and just right.

Comp pics:

M3 Nappa leather: 25112237577
            Click image for larger version

Name:	m31.png
Views:	71
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	10113491

Name:	m3-2.png
Views:	71
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	10113493

E30 non-M3, imitation leather: 25111220204.
            long neck, but not as long as the m3 one...

Name:	non-m31.png
Views:	72
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	10113492

Race German's leather replica one...
            Which looks pretty close to the non-M3 one...

Name:	rgerman.png
Views:	117
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	10113490
            2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Where have you found nappa boots outside of OEM M3 stuff? I can’t seem to find shit.

Comment

Working...
              X