Importing a car to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing a car to the US

Hello everyone, I'm reaching to all of you for some help finding a company that some of you would have some experience with to import a car to the US. I have a friend who has a dealership in the US and I need someone to help me and him to do the right things to be able to get the car there. Shipping is not really the problem but mostly the papers needed and customs and tax and papers that I should provide. If anyone knows someone with experience please feel free to enlight me .
    Thank you in advance​

also the car would be a 1987 320i coupe Red color with a m20b25 block b28 crankshaft turbo with megasquirt tuned by me on a mainline dyno (pump fuel, we don'thave e85 here sadly). That's the car that I'm trying to send, if the fact that it's modified would be a main problem I would be willing to send a mostly stock car that does have a m20 with b28 crank but nothing detectable.

Here's everything you need to know:

Comment

My thread linked above doesn't cover export clearances from the origination country, so research those a bit.

If you two are just looking for someone to do the work try searching for RORO (roll on, roll off) transport and the departure region/arrival port.

For instance, "RORO shipping Beirut to Los Angeles"

I've personally used NMT, they were helpful, and I think they may have the ability to do a complete package of shipping services from initial export to import clearances. There are clearly other companies.

Doubtful if modifications would be an issue, as long as it starts/runs and is driveable for port movement reasons. Try to make sure the battery won't go flat during the likely up to month long transit considering recent delays.

Comment

I have used shipoverseas.com for two shipments. They were very helpful and had good prices.

Comment

Working...
        X