Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iXBeater View Post

Oh we've got memories - I played "East Bound and Down" every day

But seriously, I am so glad he came on the trip - definitely special for me and hopefully for him. If there's anything I've learned it's that you're not promised any day, so do what you can to have no regrets. Hard when life is general chaos, but great perspective if you can get there.

The trip thing is a hard thing to describe - days of hard driving, but looking for distractions and opportunities to stop for a little fun that isn't crazy long and not killing the poor spawn by talking the whole time (I'm a talker...). But it works out - I drove my eldest spawn to Seattle from NC after graduation, which wasn't fun car-wise (hauling a trailer with an SUV), but we definitely had a great life experience - stopped in Arches National Park, etc.

We glided down to Gilbert pretty late, and were out fairly early too. That's one stop where I wish I'd had more time - my friend who lives there is one of my best.

As for the seats, my butt is a bit wide for them these days, but they're terrific. Not sure what they sell for.

Haha, it's something you just have to play.

Yeah, saw the videos, looks like a great trip.

Gotcha, maybe next time you find yourself in Phoenix let me know.

I've been oogling them for a long time, I'd love a set for my Land Cruiser and the E30, but they aren't cheap. I'm sure Mike got them discounted somewhat - I don't recall if that was in the breakdown video or not.

If you ever thought about selling them for a fair price, I'd be first in line.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

> Drives across the US
      > Takes 8 pictures

RealMan™ shit right there.

What a great adventure, and I'm glad you were able to make it trouble-free. Our time here on earth is fleeting, and it's time well spent when you can do cool stuff with your loved ones. Did you guys do any sightseeing at all, or did you just drive, eat, drive, eat, and sleep in between Sonora, Baton Rouge, Savannah, and Charleston?

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        > Drives across the US
        > Takes 8 pictures

RealMan™ shit right there.

Once I decided to worry less about video and more about my kid, the pix mainly because me and him in various spots. I figured y'all would be bored with those. ;)

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        What a great adventure, and I'm glad you were able to make it trouble-free. Our time here on earth is fleeting, and it's time well spent when you can do cool stuff with your loved ones. Did you guys do any sightseeing at all, or did you just drive, eat, drive, eat, and sleep in between Sonora, Baton Rouge, Savannah, and Charleston?
        Well - there wasn't much to see until we hit San Antonio (A guy in Sonora noticed my shirt from a Raleigh-area burger joint, and he happened to be from a town about 40 min away - he asked me "What the hell are you doing in this s**thole??" (sorry - I've forgotten what rules on profanity exist here, if any). I was actually kinda impressed with the landscape in west Texas - I was ready for it to be a long flat nothing and it was actually a fair bit of elevation and geography. In San Antonio, we went to the Alamo, got lunch in a local German Texan restaurant (TIL there were a lot of Germans in Texas back in the day) and walked around a bit.

We were late arriving in Baton Rouge, and out early so we could spend the first half of the day in New Orleans. We got our beignets & chicory coffee and wandered around a bit until lunch. He loves historic architecture, so it was fun to see him take it all in. Then on the road for the Gulf @ Pensacoloa Beach and arrived in Savannah at 3AM. Stayed at the Andaz on one of the squares (awesome) and spent a long time in Savannah. I lived there for a while in HS and my oldest graduated from SCAD, so I've seen a lot of Savannah and love it very much. We spent some time with an old family friend, went to Forsyth Park and generally kicked around until later in the afternoon than originally planned. My MiL had fallen while we were traveling (thank God my wife happened to be visiting) and since my wife had to go back, we decided to overnight in Charleston, make sure she was getting along well, and spend the next morning walking around there, too. That was a lot of fun. As a hobbyist photographer, one of my favorite things to do was go take pix at dawn in downtown Charleston when we were visiting my MiL. Got to visit a couple of my favorite targets, including the pilot boat I've shot many times:

(that's a boat I've photographed many times over the years - examples: )

so... I might be a little obsessed with the boat... :shifty​

We left about 6PM from Charleston rather than stay another night. I have easily 150 pix from the trip tho ;)
        1985 E30 S52 - Daily Driver
        1986 M635Csi - For the best days

Comment

Originally posted by iXBeater View Post
          Well - there wasn't much to see until we hit San Antonio (A guy in Sonora noticed my shirt from a Raleigh-area burger joint, and he happened to be from a town about 40 min away - he asked me "What the hell are you doing in this s**thole??" (sorry - I've forgotten what rules on profanity exist here, if any). I was actually kinda impressed with the landscape in west Texas - I was ready for it to be a long flat nothing and it was actually a fair bit of elevation and geography. In San Antonio, we went to the Alamo, got lunch in a local German Texan restaurant (TIL there were a lot of Germans in Texas back in the day) and walked around a bit.

We were late arriving in Baton Rouge, and out early so we could spend the first half of the day in New Orleans. We got our beignets & chicory coffee and wandered around a bit until lunch. He loves historic architecture, so it was fun to see him take it all in. Then on the road for the Gulf @ Pensacoloa Beach and arrived in Savannah at 3AM. Stayed at the Andaz on one of the squares (awesome) and spent a long time in Savannah. I lived there for a while in HS and my oldest graduated from SCAD, so I've seen a lot of Savannah and love it very much. We spent some time with an old family friend, went to Forsyth Park and generally kicked around until later in the afternoon than originally planned. My MiL had fallen while we were traveling (thank God my wife happened to be visiting) and since my wife had to go back, we decided to overnight in Charleston, make sure she was getting along well, and spend the next morning walking around there, too. That was a lot of fun. As a hobbyist photographer, one of my favorite things to do was go take pix at dawn in downtown Charleston when we were visiting my MiL. Got to visit a couple of my favorite targets, including the pilot boat I've shot many times:

We left about 6PM from Charleston rather than stay another night. I have easily 150 pix from the trip tho ;)
          oh right, I saw the picture of you two at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, but as soon as I saw it I forgot that I saw it.

I'm glad you took time to smell the roses, and to take in some of the sights and sounds of the places that make America, America. Even the pilot boats of Charleston harbor that you seem to have an obsession with haha.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
          X