New guy here and needs some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy here and needs some help

Hey Guys, I heard about this place from e30tech. Over there my name is steezejunky. I just wanted to introduce my self. I dont yet have an e30 but today I drove a 1990 325i 5-spd. The car is a blast. The only thing is that it has a horrible vibration starting at 25mph. It then tones down at about 30 mph and then kicks back in agian at 40 mph and higher. Now the tires are bald but the vibration is a lot bigger then just bald tires I think. The vibration/sound is comming from the rear of the car. Now this is the only e30 I have ever driven, and also the worst tires i have driven on. If any one has any insight on what to look for that might be causing the vibration please let me know. And I look forward to sharing e30 fun with all you guys! :)
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

driveshaft center support bearing aka CSB. or possibly the differential bushing. hmm could be torn and worn CV axles also. hard to tell with out driving it. damn, could be the transmission flex disc aka guibo too.

Comment

haha sounds like it could be alot of things, as to be expected I guess. Would this be very pricy to replace? also I has not been driven hard, It was owned by an old guy who bought it new and now a surfer dude who never drives it.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

cheap, maybe....... if it's only one of those things and not your whole differential.

i fixxed my right cv for less then 60 bucks. could also be shock mounts that failed. get a mechanic to drive with you. if it's from 30- 40 and off and on i bet it has to something with the driveline. check the guibo for tears and cracks . then it is just a matter of getting the backend in the air, taking the muffler system off and looking at the whole driveline. when your down there spin the wheels and also check for the cv joints to be makeing noise
        95' e36 325i manual 102k - dead and parted
        87' e30 325i manual m50 102k - alive again
        89' e30 325i coupe manual 162k - acquired june. 2009
        sold dec. 2009
        88' e30 325ix coupe manual 182k

" Everything happens in series of three "
        e30 all day

Comment

i know that when wheels are out of balance they will tend to phase in and out of shaking at different speeds, but maybe not at that low of a speed. maybe it will be a simple and cheap fix!
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

If the price is right buy it and fix it, you'll have a lot more appreciation for the car then and knowing the starting points of repairs will be a plus for you., don't be affraid to dive into your next obssesion.

1 owner car you can't let that pass you by!
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
            X