Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nando
    replied
    it's just a silver metallic paint. the clearcoat oxidizes if not waxed, which then starts to crack and peel. it lasts a long time as long as the clearcoat doesn't fail.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    the 325is did not get lowering springs. there was an mtech suspension package available to most E30s but it's not "is" specific. all that means is it had sport seats, spoilers and an LSD. in 89 the sport models had body colored mirrors, 90+ were all body color. oh and they got a badge. :p

seeing how the front valance is bashed in on the passenger side, the lip is probably long gone. the original wheels were probably trashed long ago as well.

check to see if it's been painted - sterling silver goes bad pretty quickly if not exceptionally well taken care of. Being repainted isn't a big deal if it's just to fix bad original paint, but of course it can also mean it's had an accident.
    some panels did look lighter than others. Do you by any chance know what makes this specific color go bad? anything that resembles titanium metallic silver (the color of my e46) is me and my family's favorite color :puppy:

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    the 325is did not get lowering springs. there was an mtech suspension package available to most E30s but it's not "is" specific. all that means is it had sport seats, spoilers and an LSD. in 89 the sport models had body colored mirrors, 90+ were all body color. oh and they got a badge. :p

seeing how the front valance is bashed in on the passenger side, the lip is probably long gone. the original wheels were probably trashed long ago as well.

check to see if it's been painted - sterling silver goes bad pretty quickly if not exceptionally well taken care of. Being repainted isn't a big deal if it's just to fix bad original paint, but of course it can also mean it's had an accident.

Leave a comment:

• Nic01101011
    replied
    Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    yes I do, last quarter

Go AGGIES!
    congrats brotato, ive got at least another year here

Leave a comment:

• Edev
    replied
    Yeah, they do look like sport seats. But good luck, and let erryone know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
    do you go to skool in davis?
    yes I do, last quarter

Go AGGIES!

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
    Yes. The LSD will tell the story. Why does it matter anyways? If it's missing all of the IS bits it's an I with a badge. They are the same car.
    the issue im dealing with the owner is that he is set on the price based on the fact it was an "IS".

If I want any chance at bargaining the price with him, I have to shoot down a few of his claims and give him a reality check that it is not worth as much as he thinks.

Leave a comment:

• Nic01101011
    replied
    do you go to skool in davis?

Leave a comment:

• Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    I'll definitely look into that.

As for the ride height in the pics so far. Is that how an IS is supposed to look?
    Yes. The LSD will tell the story. Why does it matter anyways? If it's missing all of the IS bits it's an I with a badge. They are the same car.

Leave a comment:

• '90 325is
    replied
    when I first bought my iS it sat pretty high up like that, until I slammed it that is.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by '90 325is View Post
    if all else fails get the VIN and check the carfax. It should say what the car is.
    I'll definitely look into that.

As for the ride height in the pics so far. Is that how an IS is supposed to look?

Leave a comment:

• '90 325is
    replied
    if all else fails get the VIN and check the carfax. It should say what the car is.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    much appreciated guys! it should be a smooth process from here on out

Leave a comment:

• '90 325is
    replied
    yes they are drilled/bolted on. Open up the trunk and look where it's connected . Also get under the car and check for an LSD.

Leave a comment:

• rThor432
    replied
    Seats will be the dead give-away as to whether it is an iS or not. They look like sport seats in the pictures, but it is a bit hard to tell. I dont recall ever seeing a late model iS that came with bottle caps, but I guess it could happen. My eS came from the factory with the bottle caps, but that's a bit different.

The front lip definitely doesnt belong. I dont understand why someone would put the wrong lip on it if one broke off, unless it was a used piece from the boneyard. iS lips are cheap enough new. It could have been color matched from the factory, but many were not. Usually I've seen the front and rear spoiler painted to match or left black as a pair, not seperately.

Looks like a nice car though. Manual trans just adds weight anyway. That extra pedal and the more complex shift linkage.. yeah you are better off with the auto anyway :drink:.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X