Sunroof Gasket Adhesive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof Gasket Adhesive

When removing the sunroof gasket, and moving it to a different sunroof (or moonroof in my case) is it necessary to use any kind of adhesive?

When I had my sunroof out the other day I peeled back the gasket just slightly to see how it went on and it seems like it fits snugly into place, however, there is a small, barely sticky adhesive under the gasket. Is this something in particular or do you think I could get away with simply pushing the gasket into place snugly?

Comment

Are you talking about the seal (felt on top) that attaches directly to the sunroof? If so, I bought a brand new set and just had to push it on, it was difficult but no adhesive necessary.

I haven't had any issues with leaks or anything, and it's rained pretty hard here in MD since I put it on.
      stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
        Are you talking about the seal (felt on top) that attaches directly to the sunroof? If so, I bought a brand new set and just had to push it on, it was difficult but no adhesive necessary.

I haven't had any issues with leaks or anything, and it's rained pretty hard here in MD since I put it on.
        Perfect! Just the answer I was looking for. Thanks

Comment

+1. No adhesive required.

Comment

if you are worried about it you can use a bead of 3M weather stripping adheasive. it comes in clear, yellow and black. you will hear people call it gorilla snot...for good reason!
            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
            X