Used or Rebuilt Drive Shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used or Rebuilt Drive Shaft?

Hey All, for my swap I need a new DS. I can get used one for $200 from the salvage yard or a rebuilt and balanced one with a new CSB for $400.

Which to get? Money is an issue - is the extra $200 worth it?
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Anyone???

Comment

I wouldn't bother, and $200 is twice what I paid for a used DS
      '89 335is +turbo

Comment

I have a rebuilt one that I got for a right around 350 shipped with a csb from here http://thrashdriveshaft.com/import2.htm. Dont do all the work for a swap and then cheap out on the driveshaft, because your going blow your csb ever 2000 miles, ask me how I know
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker27 View Post
          I wouldn't bother, and $200 is twice what I paid for a used DS
          From a salvage yard or private seller? That's a good price.

Originally posted by BakesE30 View Post
          I have a rebuilt one that I got for a right around 350 shipped with a csb from here http://thrashdriveshaft.com/import2.htm. Dont do all the work for a swap and then cheap out on the driveshaft, because your going blow your csb ever 2000 miles, ask me how I know
          I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the link - I was thinking about using these guys:

Replacement BMW Drive Shaft with new U-joints, CV joint and center support. Our BMW Driveshaft is balanced at 3500 RPM and includes free shipping & warranty

Anyone bought anything from them?

Comment

Bought mine from Driveline of Portland, nice guys and fast shipping.

I'd prefer a rebuilt one, thousands on a swap, another $200 isn't a big deal.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              Bought mine from Driveline of Portland, nice guys and fast shipping.

I'd prefer a rebuilt one, thousands on a swap, another $200 isn't a big deal.
              Dude, I just called them and that Jerry guy is super nice. I'm going to order mine from them. Thanks for the info :D

Comment

Working...
              X