IS lip Splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS lip Splitter?

Does any one know were to get a IS lip splitter?

Thanks

Ryan G on e30 tech has em!

Comment

he's also here too. Every once in a while his banner will pop up in the upper right.
      sigpic89 M3

Comment

Ryan G for sure. His name on r3v is m3 ryan.

Comment

Thanks dudes! I'll PM him

Comment

Plastic store and make your own ;) that's what I did
            sigpic

Comment

cferb how exactly did u do it? Do you have pics?
              It looks really good from your sig

Comment

Ryan G. His user name is "M3 Ryan"
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

To get the bend correct it's a PITA! Especially if you use thick ABS (3/4") plastic like Yun and I did for the ones we sold. Ryan G uses 1/8" ABS which is much thinner and a bit easier to work with but is significantly less sturdy. Then again you're only going for looks so it doesn't really matter.
                  stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                    use thick ABS (3/4") plastic like Yun and I did
                    Not so sure I'd want a 3/4" splitter! ;)

I've seen Ryans, and they are thicker then 1/8", they might 1/4" I'd say from eye-balling it.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      Not so sure I'd want a 3/4" splitter! ;)

I've seen Ryans, and they are thicker then 1/8", they might 1/4" I'd say from eye-balling it.
                      Ryan G's are 1/8" and its plenty thick enough.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I have a Ryan G splitter and that's the only person who is selling them at the moment, unless you make them yourself.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                        And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by SL a.m.>IN View Post
                          cferb how exactly did u do it? Do you have pics?
                          It looks really good from your sig
                          I made mine a little different, flat across the bottom, the bend is an extra insert. If you make one, definitely bend first then cut the shape though, or start with a generic shape with lots of extra room. It's just ABS plastic, and use a heat gun to bend it.

If I were to do it again I'd make it thicker(it warped in the sun) and stick out further. I also wouldn't have made it entirely by hand with shears and a sander.
                          sigpic

Comment

hahaha 3/4. I dont even think you can bend that.

ryans is about 1/2 the thickness that we use.

Ours is 3/16

ryans is probably 1/8

there really isnt a size in between that you can buy at the plastic store.. at least the one I went to, so its either 1/8 or 3/16. ours is 3/16, that means his has to 1/8,

The biggest difference not only the thickness, but how far it reaches back, ours reach all teh way back to teh end of the splitter, ryan's come up 2 inches short from the end of hte is lip. Ours is a heck of structural reinforcement of hte lip. I never used his, but from the looks of it, its purely cosmetic. Too thin and too short to provide any reinforcement.

though we arent actively marketing this anymore and its a pita to make them, I'm not bashing anyones product, but if we cut them like ryan's we can cut around 8 per sheet of 8x4 plastic, where the way we cut them, we can only cut 4.

and good luck even getting ryan to make any, I originally jsut wanted to buy from him, but after 3 month of waiting, I just made my own.

Comment

well clearly I suck at life as I didn't even notice I put 3/4!!!
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X