Need oppinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
    Suspension first. And depends on the car.

17s aren't my thing, but there are plenty of nice cars that will tell you otherwise.
    Wise Words

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
      yes
      No, they aren't.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I have no idea what's going on :blowup:
        sigpic
        Member of the "Push Harder, Suck Less," School of Auto-X

Comment

ah indeed. but is there a possibility that you may lower it too much, so that 17's wont fit with the current suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            But you have to do at least 17 x 8s or you're a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
            Who you calling a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, Okie?

Just kidding. I would go wider if I felt like spending the money I don't have.

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
            In specific regard to 17s – don’t. just don’t. Unless you’re dropping it to the frame rail$, performing a 24v $wap, and installing HUGE brake rotor$ and caliper$ - you’re gonna look like a chump on wagon wheels.
            nah, don't listen to the h8rz.

17s are perfect for an E30, IMO.

I don't care for stupid low E30s, but that is because I DRIVE mine, and do not wanna baby it everywhere. Speed bumps should not take 10 minutes to drive over.

Do drop the car before you put wheels on, especially if you don't do the typical H&R/Bilstien setup (WAY too harsh for my taste) so you don't waste money or time on wheels that don't fit. If you do a wheel intended for a FWD car, you will need spacers. You will be shocked at how expensive they are.

There are several options out there, but R3V seems to hate on pretty much anything "different".

I think my basically stock car looks pretty good on 17s. I do plan on big brakes, but I want both ends, not just front.

Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 07-26-2009, 01:59 AM.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yeah springs b4 rims, dont get your car donkd on like mine did atm haha. 17's are good size , shit id even rock some super dish 15's on e30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by meidlin View Post
                ah indeed. but is there a possibility that you may lower it too much, so that 17's wont fit with the current suspension?
                youd have to do that on pupose with an e30 they dont go that low unless you realy try (Coilovers) but you have to do reasearch also to calulate if they will fit. if you have some 17x9 et0 and have H&R Race springs they wont fit at all. but if you have 17x7 et28 they might not rub at all. find out what other people are running.

Comment

I have a decent set of 16"s that I'll toss my cupkit springs with for another fifty.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                  Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                  Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                  Wrap all my things in aluminum
                  Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                  Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                  Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                  Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    Who you calling a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, Okie?

Just kidding. I would go wider if I felt like spending the money I don't have.

nah, don't listen to the h8rz.

17s are perfect for an E30, IMO.

I don't care for stupid low E30s, but that is because I DRIVE mine, and do not wanna baby it everywhere. Speed bumps should not take 10 minutes to drive over.

Do drop the car before you put wheels on, especially if you don't do the typical H&R/Bilstien setup (WAY too harsh for my taste) so you don't waste money or time on wheels that don't fit. If you do a wheel intended for a FWD car, you will need spacers. You will be shocked at how expensive they are.

There are several options out there, but R3V seems to hate on pretty much anything "different".

I think my basically stock car looks pretty good on 17s. I do plan on big brakes, but I want both ends, not just front.

Your car is tight! What kind of suspension are you running? I love that, it is perfect. My e30 is my every day driver (sun rain snow sleet hail) and ride comfort is very important to me.

Comment

I am using B&G springs on KYBs, urethane trailing arm and control arm bushings.

My stereo weighs about 100ish pounds.

Fenders are rolled/pulled pretty seriously. Wheels are 17X7, ET15 on 215/40/17.

10MM spacers on rear for looks only, not needed at all.

Thanks!

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                      X