Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veyron vs Nissan GTR

From EVO.

The Nissan GT-R is a quick car by most standards. In fact, with all-wheel drive and traction control system, it's frighteningly fast. Pull up next to just about any other car at a stoplight and you'll undoubtedly come out ahead. That is, of course, unless you happen upon a Bugatti Veyron. The Bug matches the Nissan's AWD system and doubles the number of turbochargers and horsepower. As our man Jonathon put it in his first drive of the Bugatti Grand Sport, you don't accelerate in this car, you evaporate.

While a heads-up drag race between the GT-R and Veyron is an unlikely occurrence in the real world, Evo Magazine took it upon themselves to pair the two cars on an open airfield. Just how much faster is the Bugatti than the Nissan? Watch for yourself after the jump.

Bugatti Veyron vs Nissan GT-R - Click the image above to view the video after the jump The Nissan GT-R is a quick car by most standards. In fact, with al

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX-k0Lpahog

I can't stand the GTR ever since it came out, and this just makes me funny in the pants
    Last edited by Jean; 07-23-2009, 11:01 PM.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

having been on a track with a GTR, I have to say:

yes, they are fucking fast

no, I don't want one

yes, the guy driving it was as much of a douche as you'd expect

I think it's great that Nissan has the balls to build something like that though
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

crazy.

sweet vid though

Comment

This is stupid. What do you expect?

Oh lets go race an m3 and honda civic while we're at it.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Reminds me of this

1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan
          Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | BBS RC090 17x8 | EAT Chip | Port + Polish | IE 284 Cam | Built valvetrain

Comment

I love the GTR but my God I wish I could take a few laps with that Veyron
            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
              This is stupid. What do you expect?

Oh lets go race an m3 and honda civic while we're at it.
              You're missing the point. You know the GTR was going to lose.

The point of the video was to show by how much and give you a real sense of how fast a Veyron really is. Numbers are just that. Numbers. At least until you experience them.

By now I'm willing to say that a few here can already say they've gotten a ride in a GTR and can vouch for how fast it is. Since probably no one here can say they sat in the Veyron for a drag race, this video will give a feel for how ridiculous fast the Veyron really is.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Working...
              X