Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e34 m5 blown engine, what do they go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap the s38 into the z duh ahah:giggle:

Comment

Friend of mine just bought an E28 (I know we're talking e34) M5 for 7500 in fair condition. Just throwing this out there as a reference point.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
        I don't believe you.
        nor did your dad :-D
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
          i do have 4k laying around (to build my z) but I would like to do something to make money with it before i invest it into my car
          Well, toss the guy an offer then. I mean, I wouldn't expect to part the entire car and make a huge profit, but you might be able to break even and then some. It all depends on the condition of everything.

Originally posted by Julien View Post
          nor did your dad :-D
          True that.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

Well your best bet is to part with the car or find a used S38...they are wayyy to costly to rebuild...
            Saul
            01 330ci Daily Driver
            89 332is Auto-x Friend
            95 M3 *SOLD*
            87 325is *SOLD*

Comment

If you think a s14 is expensive, its nothing compared to a s38. Money pit (especially if it is already having problems, plus not many places are truely qualified to work on them as your friend found out) which is why they are reasonably cheap.... they are very expensive to maintain.

Comment

Andre, man. Run. Not worth it, and neither is sinking 4 grand into that Z car.
                From what I've seen Murray go through just to find people that are qualified to work on his S38, its pretty intense. BMW of Nashville didnt even feel comfortable working on it, because they didnt have any techs still around that knew the motor. That should say something.

Comment

i was really only looking to make a bit of money on the e34 (pick it up for xxxx, sell it for xxxx as is).

don't agree with you on the z car though. where else can I spend 4 grand on something that will be such a capable track car? they handle very well, and are dumb light
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                  X