No announcement yet.

Grinding in Engine, please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds to me like there is a miss and valves in need of adjustment. Do as previously stated and take the distributor cap off and check the contacts. Then adjust your valves and see if it all goes away. The best thing to do in this situation is to plan for the worst but hope for the best.

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

He already figured out the timing chain tensioner's gone.

Comment

same, I hav ea spare new spring... but I'm next to your home :P

Comment

Good you have it figured out though OP. You will resolve it, hang in there...
          sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

I'm finally back in the DC area. I was able to drive the car from NH/VT area to Boston and got it to the dealership (110miles). I had to pay way to much for the labor and wasn't happy about that but it gave me a 2 day vacation. I got the Timing Belt and tensioner changed. Everything worked out really well, the car drives fine and I had no problems on the way to nyc and home to dc. I'm sure that there is valve damage but won't know the extent of the damage until I pull the engine. I'm gonna start building a 2.7i stroker with Yun (thereisnoyun) next week or so whenever I get done moving into my new house. Thanks to everyone for the help and I'll keep y'all update with a build thread on the new engine!
            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
              I'm finally back in the DC area. I was able to drive the car from NH/VT area to Boston and got it to the dealership (110miles). I had to pay way to much for the labor and wasn't happy about that but it gave me a 2 day vacation. I got the Timing Belt and tensioner changed. Everything worked out really well, the car drives fine and I had no problems on the way to nyc and home to dc. I'm sure that there is valve damage but won't know the extent of the damage until I pull the engine. I'm gonna start building a 2.7i stroker with Yun (thereisnoyun) next week or so whenever I get done moving into my new house. Thanks to everyone for the help and I'll keep y'all update with a build thread on the new engine!
              That's good that you got back.

What did they charge you for the install?
              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Working...
              X