Terrible first post...but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 + LS1 FTW.

Especially if you stick those LMs on it.
    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
      Your e90 looks great! I have tryed to get registerd on e30tech for a year now but I give up.

Search some of the builds on here and you will get alot of ideas on how to build your own e30.

Welcome.
      Thanks man! I've been looking but theres just so many options out there for every aspect of the build. I'll have to do some more research and then maybe flip a coin haha.

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
      Damn I love your e90, I dont have any money but i will trade you straight up. Haha GL finding something but i think you should keep that too.
      I would definitely consider a trade but yea, i'd need money on top of it, i dont own this car outright yet. :(

I like how this guy wants to sell his nice ass e90 for an e30, not like that douche bag with the pos e46 m3 who was talking about how much better he is than us because he can afford a "nice" car.
      Haha, in my eyes, a bmw is a bmw. Anyone who thinks otherwise isnt an enthiusiast, just a punk with enough money to buy the equipment.

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
      keep the e90. then buy an e30. :D
      Would love to, but I have my reasons for getting rid of the E90, mostly cuz I'm a bit young to drive a car that nice (after assessing my situation) and I would like to reduce my monthly cashflow and own my car outright.

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
      You could build an amazing e30 with a quarter of the money you'd have from selling the e90. s54. Do It.
      My e90 aint worth thaaat much... although an s54 powered e30 would be cool, thats just too much power for a car this size IMO. My baseline goal for the e30 is to acheive approximately same power to weight ratio as the e36 m3 while maintaining balance and fuel efficiency/reliability. Then i'll upgrade along the way. Owning the old 318i (slow as fug) amongst my friends rice rockets taught me that handling is more fun than brute power, and it keeps you out of trouble on the day to day.

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
      Bah, s54's are played out. Namsayin is doin it. Stuff something interesting into the engine bay ;)
      http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359200
      Yea, plus from what ive read, doing obd2 would just be a nightmare. This guy did it, but he went to MIT. I didnt.

Originally posted by daniel View Post
      I believe Ben Careful is on this forum as well as e30tech. If you want, I can PM him, but I'd look through the classifieds here and see if he's posted here as well. Welcome, nice 3-series
      Thanks both of you, I just pm'd him. If you guys see any other E30's worth looking at send them my way. I currently scower all the CL ads within 1000 miles of me and go on e30tech, here, and bimmerpost forums every day to look for e30s.

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Welcome! once again shows LMs make any car look better lol.

Most new cars aren't paid off in full but leased with all the great incentives....not saying OP's car is, but just saying.
      Youre correct, i dont own it outright, which is part of the reason for selling it and being more financially flexible while driving a car that still puts a smile on my face.

Originally posted by jaye30 View Post
      once you sell your E90, buy my E30 lol
      Very nice, how much? [\borat]

Originally posted by Kuhchow View Post
      sexy e90! don't sell it, just take your time and save up for the e30 on top of the e90 over time....keep your reliable daily and just work on a project over a year or two as the money comes!
      Are you saying the e30s arent reliable? I was thinking I could have the best of both worlds...

Originally posted by tg318is View Post
      you e90 is the money!! welcome!
      Appreciated!

Originally posted by Iain View Post
      E30 + LS1 FTW.

Especially if you stick those LMs on it.
      Sorry man but that idea makes me sick to my stomach. LM's are always cool though, but i'd prefer to do something a little more period correct for a street car of this vintage.

Comment

Vorshlag did an LS series motor into an e30. Look on YouTube for their autox bids and such. There's also someone who did a lexus v8, don't remember the code but was awesome. I think an s54 or s52 would be awesome, but I don't think it's really worth the wiring. I think the s50 is the best choice for these cars and it's fairly common, so plenty can help, and it's more than adequate for an e30. Namsayin's s54 should be awesome.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Very nice looking car, a member of our local club has an amazing one that he modified, apparently fast as shit.

What made you decide on a 330i vs 335i?

Comment

Vorshlag did an LS series motor into an e30. Look on YouTube for their autox bids and such. There's also someone who did a lexus v8, don't remember the code but was awesome. I think an s54 or s52 would be awesome, but I don't think it's really worth the wiring. I think the s50 is the best choice for these cars and it's fairly common, so plenty can help, and it's more than adequate for an e30. Namsayin's s54 should be awesome.
            The bloke on here is from New Zealand and used a 1UZ-FE (4.0L)

The LS would be better than an S5x over the front-end IMO.
            Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

I like how this guy wants to sell his nice ass e90 for an e30, not like that douche bag with the pos e46 m3 who was talking about how much better he is than us because he can afford a "nice" car.
              You mean his dad can afford?

Nice E90 and welcome OP.

Comment

I want the wiring to be as straight forward as possible, i'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. I think that the swap should at least be from a bmw, in the back of my mind I am concerned about keeping stuff as oem as possible, so I wont care how fast it is, but if my bmw sounds like a chevy or a supra I wont be happy.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                Very nice looking car, a member of our local club has an amazing one that he modified, apparently fast as shit.

What made you decide on a 330i vs 335i?
                Price, and I was over the turbo phase after being in a saab 9-2x (wrx motor and chassis) for the last 3 years. I wanted daily drivable power and efficiency and the 330i is fantastic at both. Turbo reliability and power delivery just isnt there yet in my view. I'd like to own a supercharged car someday... The s50 VF supercharged 318is in canada caught my eye, but I would want to do my own build.

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                The bloke on here is from New Zealand and used a 1UZ-FE (4.0L)

The LS would be better than an S5x over the front-end IMO.
                Really? I'm not familiar with the weight of the LS1 (if you are indeed coming from a balance standpoint) would you enlighten me to your reasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by dtm@heart View Post
                  Really? I'm not familiar with the weight of the LS1 (if you are indeed coming from a balance standpoint) would you enlighten me to your reasoning?
                  They're pretty bloody light, mate, and they're short so the weight sits further back in the engine bay than a long I6.

I was tossing this over in my head for a good long while with my E30 as keeping weight off the front-end was important to me, but I wanted more fasts than a turbo M42 could provide (without spending $20k going nuts on it).
                  Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Aluminum block pushrod packaging FTW. Personally I'd prefer to see straight 6s in BMWs, but there's no denying that the LS1 is hard to beat.

Comment

welcome man
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                      Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Working...
                      X