Dinan Cold Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinan Cold Air Intake

Has anyone ever attempted to install Dinan Cold Air Intake on their E30? If so could you post some pics...ideas are welcomed also...Thinking about doing it since I have it..but kind of seems impossible...

why is it impossible.. should be straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac View Post
      why is it impossible.. should be straight forward.
      Forgot to mention..this would be performed while having an S52 installed...

Comment

I wouldn't do it, cold air intakes don't seem to be worth the risk of engine damage. I say risk because there is alot of controversy about it, what I do know from personal experience is that I only noticed a cooler sound from my intake on my m20, and after about 25k with it on the car started to really run like shit. Possibly related but just my 2c

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

yeah but did you put 25k on it without ever cleaning the filter? because most of the "cold air intakes" I've seen on E30s are sucking hot air in from the radiator, and look like they'd been through WWII.

also, what makes it a "cold air intake"? it sounds like it's just a cone filter. If you have a shield go for it, otherwise it's not worth anything. There's nothing cool about 180f air from the radiator. :p
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            yeah but did you put 25k on it without ever cleaning the filter? because most of the "cold air intakes" I've seen on E30s are sucking hot air in from the radiator, and look like they'd been through WWII.

also, what makes it a "cold air intake"? it sounds like it's just a cone filter. If you have a shield go for it, otherwise it's not worth anything. There's nothing cool about 220f air from the radiator. :p
            fixed

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

i'm sure you can figure somethign out, since you have it you might as well use it right?

Comment

So your putting a CAI on an s52, what's the problem? The dinan is a direct swap for that.
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                  So your putting a CAI on an s52, what's the problem? The dinan is a direct swap for that.
                  There isnt as much room on an e30 as there is on an e36...

Comment

I did, I cleaned the filter at every oil change, and had a heat shield(home made from stainless) That wrapped around half the fliter and the front by the radiator.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Working...
                    X