No announcement yet.

Hawaii - Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin had to move here from O'ahu because he was getting into too many fights up there. He told me his normal routine with friends would be hanging out and Jack in the box. I wondered Jack in the box?
    Apparently, they have the cheapest jumbo sodas. So they would buy a soda, whip it at a group of military guys walking around waikiki, who would get angry and fight them. Then they would beat up the military guys, go to another jack in the box, and do it again. And I thought I was bored on the big island :P

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
      random question... how much is it to transport a car to hawaii from cali?
      As of last month, $ 1,100 from Long Beach, CA to Oahu, HI

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW View Post
        You probably just didn't notice it. If anyone called you a "haole" (how-lee) that is most people's complaint about Hawaii. It's a derogatory slang for stupid white people, usually stemming from all the comments/attitudes of rude visitors.
        It's usually the people that move here, then complain about how everything is wrong, because back where they lived, it was much better. If it was so good, why move out here? Or they just act better than everyone else, Hawaiians are a very prideful people (Think of going to texas and telling them that texas sucks, they'd shoot you.)

While it is common, and I can almost guarantee in an extended stay out here that someone rude will say things just to be mean, it really isn't the norm. Anyone with respect and a friendly attitude will go far. My dad's stepbrother moved out here and got into bar fights 2x a week, and told my dad (who is quiet and meek compared to him) that this is not the place for him. 24 years later my dad hasn't gotten into a fight, made any enemies, or had any reason to move back to the mainland :P
        In general that's pretty true. But I loved Hawaii, the people, the culture, the beautiful landscape. I was in the construction distribution industry, so I had a lot of bad experiences. I'd go to deliver some material, and people wouldn't even talk to me, or help me offload my material. But on the flip side, I met some of the best people on earth while I was there. If they like you, you are family. I would like to see all the Islands though. I plan on going back in the next couple of years.

Comment

You probably just didn't notice it. If anyone called you a "haole" (how-lee) that is most people's complaint about Hawaii. It's a derogatory slang for stupid white people, usually stemming from all the comments/attitudes of rude visitors.
          It's usually the people that move here, then complain about how everything is wrong, because back where they lived, it was much better. If it was so good, why move out here? Or they just act better than everyone else, Hawaiians are a very prideful people (Think of going to texas and telling them that texas sucks, they'd shoot you.)

While it is common, and I can almost guarantee in an extended stay out here that someone rude will say things just to be mean, it really isn't the norm. Anyone with respect and a friendly attitude will go far. My dad's stepbrother moved out here and got into bar fights 2x a week, and told my dad (who is quiet and meek compared to him) that this is not the place for him. 24 years later my dad hasn't gotten into a fight, made any enemies, or had any reason to move back to the mainland :P
          Well said.
          Hang loose nawmean?
          And yeah, pride is right.
          My car eats bentley manuals.

Comment

I never found it to get me anything in life by being rude or pushy with people. Especially in another culture--and Hawai'i is a different culture. Yes, things are more expensive. Yes, things might take longer. But hey, name another place in the world where you can have a plate lunch!

Next time I'll try to remember to chuck Dr. Pepper at 18 year-old Navy boys.

Comment

None of you guys happen to have an auto tranny lying around do you?

Comment

there's one on craigs ... http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/1384089673.html

Comment

Sorry, had to preserve this for win

Comment

Originally posted by Gladeoffer View Post
                    Aloha, looking like the first part of December my girl and I will be headed for Island life. She is a Nurse and has been ground down to my constant pleading to move to Hawaii so that I may surf. I was a firefighter in Colorado but was laid off sooooo. She agreed to a 3.5 month traveling nurse contract so I would shut up. Anyway I usually go to the N. shore for a month every year anyway, three and half months, fuck yea bra. I was thinking of shipping one of my E30s and would love to shoot the shit and wrench with some locals as my cousin is the only person I know on the N. shore. Fuckin love it there, girl 50/50 on island life, we shall see how that goes. Can't wait, it's getting cold and shitty snow here in land locked high alpine hell (Colorado).
                    Call me 559.403.6930 when you get here

Originally posted by Grif View Post
                    Look forward to... maybe seeing you.

I'll be in Germany all December.
                    Dude bump this when you get here! :p
                    Call me 559.403.6930

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                    random question... how much is it to transport a car to hawaii from cali?
                    I paid $1072 from San Fran to Honolulu
                    Originally posted by jrhaile
                    For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

Negative. There are several at ABC dismantlers in Pearl City behind the Chrysler dealer. Was there yesterday. Had to been at least four auto E30's. And auto E34, E36 and E39 as well.

Comment

how did i miss this thread. Kaneohe and dodging the laser every day.

Comment

Always down for a cruise, pm when ya hear.
                          BMWfanaticVR6addict
                          8 e30s - 1 e36 m3 - 3 corrado vr6s - 1 mk2 vr6 - 1 735il - 1 525i - 1 miata
                          (the following have been sold, crashed, stolen or parted)

Comment

Well let's start throwing around dates, times and locations....

Comment

bumpity for the BMW/VW meet I posted in another thread

We have a BMW/VW G2G every Friday night at the Parking lot next to the NEX in Honolulu. It is the same parking lot where there is Ruby Tuesday, Starbucks, Jamba, Taco Bell, Jack Box, etc

We meet specifically by the Jack Box/Taco Bell drive though entrance around 9pm. Turnout is usually 10-15 cars, last week was 20+.

Comment

^ i'm lost :(

Comment

Working...
                                X