Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Convince me to keep my car's original color! (black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Convince me to keep my car's original color! (black)

So I just purchased a black e30 with a grey interior today with the intent on repainting it from sapphire black to sterling silver and that would mean a whole lot of $$$.

Now I like black cars, I don't have a problem with them in terms of looks. What i do have a problem is with practicality. Is it true to what they say that owning a black car could mean the difference between living on earth and the sun on a hot day? Also in terms of keeping the car clean, I've heard that I shouldn't even bother because it gets dirty after one drive.

Black is one of the hardest too keep clean/swirl mark free.

But sapphire black is also one of my favorite colors on the e30. When its clean, it can look amazing.

Comment

the only colors or should I say tones that should be on ANY car are black or white IMHO

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

What condition is the current paint in?

Comment

Pay to have it cut/polished, buy good microfiber towels and some megs gold class car wash soap. Go on autopia.org and learn how to maintain it. Black is the most rewarding color on a car when kept clean bar-none
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I love schwarz!

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

dont keep it the original color. non stock ftw.......... no but freal, get at that delphin
              Originally posted by Lof8
              4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
              therefore, their value is much greater.
              Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Once you go black...

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Its cheaper to respray same color but if you want to change go Alpine all the way

Comment

Bronzit FTL!!!! but i am partial to mauritusblau.
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                      Pay to have it cut/polished, buy good microfiber towels and some megs gold class car wash soap. Go on autopia.org and learn how to maintain it. Black is the most rewarding color on a car when kept clean bar-none
                      ^ This

Step One: Make it beautiful
                      Step Two: Fall in love with Schwartz
                      Step Three: Wash car regularly
                      Step four: regret nothing

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

My DD is black (none e30). is a win of a color. if your ac works well and windows are good its not bad. the car can get warm and you can burn yourself if you just throw your arm out the window on a hot day. BUT it is damn sexy and with the right wash, wax it looks sexy and its all that bad to keep clean. i do mine once a week during the summer, and seeing as your in sunny cali it is very possible to keep it looking great all year. stay black, you'll fall in love.
                        Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                        every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                        Originally posted by Jparkr
                        The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                        87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

If you don't have a problem with a weekly wash and monthly wax then I'd go for it.

Comment

Well everybody has pretty much said what I have to say.

Having a black car is difficult yet rewarding. It's definitely the hardest to maintain swirl free. But if you keep it washed once a week and wax/polish/clay maybe twice a year or so it can come out great. Washing it frequently is the key though. But like everybody else has said, if kept up, it's definitely the best color. It reflects everything which makes it look all the more clean!

Comment

no matter how faded your paint is it will probably come back to life with a good rub.. try it out
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                              X