How far back do your records go.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far back do your records go.....

Now that my e30 is a few months away from officially dying I've been going through all of my records for the car. I spent the day working on scanning all my tax records on receipts from a couple different business trips etc and decided to do the auto records as well (Neat Receipts is amazing!). I have complete records and receipts for the last decade for everything from parts to mechanic work to oil changes and tires. The 90's are hit or miss I have a few records from each year but not alot. To my surprise I actually found the original maintenance records from the first year my dad bought the car (Summer '87). Records for 5k ('87), 10k ('88), and 15k ('88)miles! I even have the original purchase contract from the dealer!

stephenbrody.com

got all records up to the 2005, when woman's son (BMW mechanic) inherited it, then I bought it. I even have original window sticker from my local dealership that I live 200 yards from. Half a million miles and it sleeps practically at the dealer every night.

Comment

Records from the day the guy bought it, and every single one since then.

Fresh.
      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
      E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

I've got all the records from the day my car was bought. (By some lady) I also have the original window tag teh dealers tape in them

Comment

None.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

^ what he said. My e30 has gone through like 9 owners and has been put up at public auction 3 times according to carfacts
            sigpic

Comment

records? what are those? i have none. only real record on my car is the sticker for the last time i did my timing belt.

Comment

Bill of sale and all books. Basically, got every bit of paperwork for the car, barring yearly registration and insurance papers.
                Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

I don't have lots of documentation on my current car....this November will mark 5 years since I purchased it. The previous owner (who was also the orig. owner) said he did before I bought it but he actually didn't. My car did come with the original owners manual set in the vinyl-like-leather thingy for the glovebox. They're in excellent shape.

Jon
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                    Records from the day the guy bought it, and every single one since then.

Fresh.
                    I don't think an Ely would have it any other way. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      I don't think an Ely would have it any other way. ;)
                      Haha, neither do I.
                      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                      E36 325i sedan
                      E30 325i sedan
                      Volvo 945T

Comment

All the way back to the day it was purchased. I even have the original dealer invoice

Comment

Have everything from the first owner. Invoice, contract, a few tickets the guy got lol. Even have a brochure from the dealer. Have oil and brake change recites from a few places from the last owner. Have the orignial tire sticker and the current tire sticker. Have all insurance from PO's. And a copy of all the title transfers. Missing a few doctuments. But the car has been well taken care of.
                          Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                          every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                          Originally posted by Jparkr
                          The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                          87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Also found a china buffet menu
                            Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                            every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                            Originally posted by Jparkr
                            The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                            87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

When I bought the eta, I got everything that the preivous owner had, which was everything...she was the second owner and bought the eta from her uncle who bought it new. All maintainence records from new, owners manual with the oil change stamps in the back, receipts for tires, all other service. It's all there. Nice to have...

I have made sure that I have kept track of my purchases of parts, etc as well...

Amazing that my '85 was a 25k purchase back when new...

Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X