Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Style 5/Style 42 weights

Anybody weighed theirs accurately?

Curious about the 16x8, 17x8, and 17x9's for the style 5's and I believe style 42 only came in 17x8.

Thanks!
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
    Anybody weighed theirs accurately?

Curious about the 16x8, 17x8, and 17x9's for the style 5's and I believe style 42 only came in 17x8.

Thanks!
    style 42s were staggered, 17x7.5 and 17x8.5 IIRC on the z3

Comment

16x8 Style 5's from an E38 weigh right at 20lbs a piece. I shipped 4 today, so I know. :)
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

wow 20lbs for a 16x8? heavy

Comment

That include the packing material as well for each wheel? Last ones I sent were 3-4 pounds of packing material.

If you dont have the 17x8s weight by tomorrow night, I will weigh one.
          sigpic

Comment

That was with me deducting packing material. At best I would give them 19lbs. Total weight for a box with 2 wheels in it with no room to spare on the height, width, or depth (thank you Uhaul) 3 16" circles of cardboard, 5 ft of duct tape, 20 ft of box tape, and 2 center caps totaled 42lbs on the money. There is no way 18sq. ft. of cardboard and misc. tape adds up to more than 4lbs.
            -tim
            Originally posted by Jordan
            I like the stance
            -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

They're 19 each
              '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Working...
              X