Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May have blown a HUGE opportunity today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May have blown a HUGE opportunity today!

I registered online to www.sponsoredwhips.com to have them look at possibly redoing everything on my car. Basically turning it into a DTM replica. I really didn't expect anything from it. I got a call with in 2 hours of sending pictures. Everything sounded great until he wanted $199 on a credit card right now for "paperwork" and to start the process. That worried me. They said I could choose every person involved in the process from bodyshop, suspension, engine, you name it. The guy said the whole thing would take less than 6 weeks. I REALLY don't like the thought of giving credit card info to anyone company that I am not sure of. He called back and tried to explain more but kept pushing for card info. I then told him I didn't like the pressure he was forcing me to make a decision right now! He quickly said thank you and hung up. I am VERY picky about anything to do with the car and everything rushed worries me. I still will be for awhile because they know my home address. Maybe I F'd up on a chance to have a DTM replica car, I don't know. If anyone wants to do it they are very interested in your style car because they are so rare.
    "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)
    Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair
    BMWCCA Certified HPDE Instructor &
    Street Survival Instructor

2006 E86 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe
    1988 E30 M3 Alpineweiss I Daily DriverSOLD
    1990 E30 325i Sold
    2007 X3 3.0 Si

Sounds like a scam to me. Just like all those lil model agencies preying on peoples desire to be liked etc.

I think you made the right decision.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like bullshit to me. How much paperwork costs $199? The site says no fees and no charges, $199 bucks sounds like quite the charge to me. Also no contracts? If you don't have a legally binding contract I don't know what is stopping them from just walking away with your $199 bucks.
      "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

you were about to be scammed...thankfully you did the right thing and didn't give anything out, lesson learned and move on

Comment

Yeah I read the no fees, no contract part also. If it was legit, then there isn't any rush about getting anything they need from me. Send me all the paperwork you need, I will look it over and make sure everything is legit, then we can get the car done.
          "Racing is like life, what happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen (Le Mans)
          Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair
          BMWCCA Certified HPDE Instructor &
          Street Survival Instructor

2006 E86 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe
          1988 E30 M3 Alpineweiss I Daily DriverSOLD
          1990 E30 325i Sold
          2007 X3 3.0 Si

Comment

scam, you're lucky you avoided it.

Comment

Why would you think a site like that was even legit in the first place?

Edit: just saw the "fast and furious" supra on there flash homepage lol.

Comment

i had a friend in junior high that got suckered into paying like 2500$ for a once a month modeling class, i told HIM that he was a fucking idiot and he thought i was just being a dick haha jokes on him. he ended up quitting anyway. what a waste of money.
                i also saw the comercial for the sponser thing and looked it up when i was board one of the first things i saw was give us your credid card number and we will see if you are eligable or some bull honky

Comment

wise move avoiding them. i remember when i first started my modeling career i had many scammers trying to get my cash. i too avoided them and finally signed with ford. the rest is history
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

this sounds like one of those instances where trusting your instincts was the right thing to do.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
                      Why would you think a site like that was even legit in the first place?

Edit: just saw the "fast and furious" supra on there flash homepage lol.
                      +1 gayest looking shit ever. "sponsoredwhips" why are you emphasizing the h like that?
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Cool whip
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                          Coo' whip
                          f1x3d

Comment

You blew it - that sight is 100% legit.

Last edited by george graves; 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Classic scam. Surprised these kinds of things are still around. You would have thought that everyone would have figured it out by now
                              sigpic
                              1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                              2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Working...
                              X