Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in a rally/driving light bracket for E30's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in a rally/driving light bracket for E30's?

would their be any interest in a nice welded driving rally light bar/bracket? it would attach to the licence plate holes and probably have some attachment to the grills lower mounting point. It would allow you to still run a front plate. I'm going to make one pretty soon and wouldn't mind making a few extras.

7speedshop.com

I like that alot, I would like to do that as my foglights, and keep my fog deletes in.

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

I'd buy one for my newly acquired ix. If your making one, lemme know the price and i'll buy it.
      sigpic

Comment

like this.... hehehe
        Attached Files
        Nunzio
        Creative Director & Professor
        Twitter

2010 Vespa GTS300 | 2000 323iT Euro | 1991 RRC Hunter | 1987 325is (guten build) | 1983 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas

Comment

Originally posted by nespo_e30is View Post
          like this.... hehehe
          yeah, but those are first point of impact... Good luck parking in a city with those up front..
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

depends on the price, but I wouldn't mind having it.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

I think the license plate holes will be strong enough to hold rally lights on.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                yeah, but those are first point of impact... Good luck parking in a city with those up front..
                I think there is a metal bar in front of those lights.

OP:
                I like it.

1992 BMW 525iT Calypso
                2011 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

I dig it, been looking at one or two people doing this and thinking "that would look awesome and stupid at the same time but I really like it"

What would you ask pricing-wise?

Comment

I've been thinking about this, but was going to mount them lower in the original fog position. Subscribed. I think the round fogs look way better, good idea.
                    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                      I've been thinking about this, but was going to mount them lower in the original fog position. Subscribed. I think the round fogs look way better, good idea.
                      Driving lights should be mounted higher up for better distance. The round lights that I've seen mounted in stock diving board fog location have looked heinous, but I haven't seen too many.

Comment

Yes. I would like a set for sure. Would prefer a design like the white car but would do a design like the red car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                          Driving lights should be mounted higher up for better distance. The round lights that I've seen mounted in stock diving board fog location have looked heinous, but I haven't seen too many.
                          I was thinking about fabbing some buckets into the late model locations, not the early model locations, so kinda wider apart. Inspiration was this bug eyed subie I used to pass every time I grabbed pizza. But yeah mounting them higher would be wiser.
                          Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

I'm still working on a design, I'm getting some metal in the next few days to make a prototype, I'm not sure the license plate area would be strong enough by itself,and I wouldn't want it flexing around damaging paint, I will try to get little struts that bolt to the grill to make it very sturdy, I'm also trying to keep it slim and not bulky, the white car looks cool, but I'm trying to get something sleeker. I'm going to be test mounting it with some hella 500 lights. I'll get a bunch of flat,round,square and rods of metal and think of something. price would be cheap-ish.

7speedshop.com

Comment

ooh ya.. this going to work on Euro Bumps?

"I go slow, cause;Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast."

Comment

Working...
                              X