Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting inside the trunk from IN the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting inside the trunk from IN the car?

I need some help..

My mechanic was working on my car until sometime last night and I told him if he left the keys under the driver's mat and locked the doors from the back (I have a sedan), then I'd come pick up the car with the spare key.

I looked all over for that damn key, only to find out this morning that the employee there decided to put the key in the trunk, because he couldn't figure out how to lock the doors without the key (idiot!).

I can't open my trunk with the spare key because he turned the key more than he was supposed to and that safety locking mechanism went on.
    Now I can't open my trunk with my spare key to get my real key..

Is there anyway I could crawl inside the trunk from my backseat, without having to cut or break anything?

Thanks alot.

Originally posted by Janderson
    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Sort of. Pull the back seat out, and go through the ski hole in the bulkhead. Small childeren and friends that resemble small children are useful for this. you may need to pop off the cover to this hole to get back there.

This hole=
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Since I don't have a backseat with a ski pass, does this still apply?

you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

That area is still there.

It may be covered by a panel, see post #160
        Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

You can pop it out.
        '89 325i track sloot
        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Wow I wish they had this option for the Coupes

Edit wait do the coupes have this also?

Comment

It's there in MOST e30s, some early ones don't have it though.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

You can bash out the ski boot pass through, but that chunk of cardboard in the trunk will likely get damaged in the process.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
                Wow I wish they had this option for the Coupes

Edit wait do the coupes have this also?
                Yes. That's how my friends and I got the trunk open on our coupe Lemons car after FUBARing the lock.
                '89 325i track sloot
                '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  You can bash out the ski boot pass through, but that chunk of cardboard in the trunk will likely get damaged in the process.
                  That's my main concern...

Comment

Remove the rear seat and rear deck - somewhere there is a hole you can get one of these : http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38392 through and grab the key.

just a thought - never tried it.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

I just took my ski pass out last night, line it up with the bottom of you shoe and giver a boot. It'll pop out into the trunk then use the magnet thing linked above to grab the key

Comment

To my knowledge only the really early (84-85) 318is didn't have the ski hole, all of the 325's should have it regardless if you have the rear armrest. If you are really that concerned about the cardboard, well I just think that's sad. knock it the out and get your keys, its cardboard for god's sake!
                        stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                          To my knowledge only the really early (84-85) 318is didn't have the ski hole, all of the 325's should have it regardless if you have the rear armrest. If you are really that concerned about the cardboard, well I just think that's sad. knock it the out and get your keys, its cardboard for god's sake!
                          NLA cardboard!

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                          '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                          '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                          '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                            NLA cardboard!
                            lol that makes it even better haha

Comment

im selling that cardboard piece if you do break it. but idk how i'd ship a piece of cardboard to you haha
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                              X