No announcement yet.

volvo c30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after being a foreign car wrench for over 30 years, the early volov were bullet poof, and when it came fro cars for my kids, if I bought it for them, it was a 240 volov
    i like the older 940 turbo wagons, even non trubo is ok, it ws like volvo finally got it all right, then killed it to go fwd

wife drives a turbo s70, she loves it
    and of course its got billys, fat meats, and the turbo cranked up to a high pressure system

just wish they got better mpg, low 20's if you keep your foot out of it

Comment

^^ yeah, our families XC70 gets pretty crappy mileage around 19 mis. per gallon.
      However, it has an IPD ECU Tune, some sort of aftermarket ipd turbo cooling, and it has over 110k on the clock.
      Here's a picture of it:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by pporcaro View Post
        Volvo's been using that T5 motor since the s70. If they're confident enough to stick with a design for fifteen years with only minor modifications, it seems like a good idea.

With that being said, I hate my mom's XC90 with the T5. It has one of those crappy ford transmissions and shifts like a dog. On top of that, something in the awd system is always snapping and leaving her stranded. Althought I can't say that anything, other than the alternator has ever needed replacing. The car is at 166xxx and still has the factory turbo.
        The T5 changed from 2.3L to 2.5L after 2004. Specs pretty much stayed the same however.

Your mom's XC90 actually has a T6 engine, not a T5, but you're right about the transmissions. They just don't feel right.

The most exciting Volvo Automatic I've driven is an XC60 T6 my folks picked up in Gothenberg this last spring. The thing is quick, and the transmission always seems to be in the right gear.
        sigpic
        Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Originally posted by JTapper View Post
          The T5 changed from 2.3L to 2.5L after 2004. Specs pretty much stayed the same however.

Your mom's XC90 actually has a T6 engine, not a T5, but you're right about the transmissions. They just don't feel right.

The most exciting Volvo Automatic I've driven is an XC60 T6 my folks picked up in Gothenberg this last spring. The thing is quick, and the transmission always seems to be in the right gear.
          yeah, the t5 was also first introduced in the 850 (the original, boxier X70 variant).

^^ and I was wondering about those XC60's. I've only sat in one once, and it felt pretty nice and comfy. really luxurious too.
          Here's the broken tranny out of our XC70..had to take a picture of that shit...

volvo...made in japan

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
            I have the 5 cylinder turbo in my '99 V70 XC, and it's solid as a rock.

BTW, for those that don't know, the C30 is a Volvo engine and body on a euro-market Focus chassis.
            That's all the more reason to get one.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

My friend has an 08 C30. Really nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                volvo...made in japan
                That's a Toyota transmission made by Aisin Warner. They're actually pretty good, much better than the GM/Volvo 4T65Ev they put in the non-geartronic cars.
                sigpic
                Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  I have the 5 cylinder turbo in my '99 V70 XC, and it's solid as a rock.

BTW, for those that don't know, the C30 is a Volvo engine and body on a euro-market Focus chassis.
                  and it would be way cooler if you could get it with the AWD that's available in the S40 (which is a different Focus chassis, unless i'm mistaken).
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Ok what other hatchbacks do yall think I should look at? Newer models only.

A3?
                    Mazda?
                    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Edward Cullen drives a C30.

nuff said.
                      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                        Edward Cullen drives a C30.

nuff said.
                        He has the Washington only V8 C30. The one to get.
                        Gutted, welded, daily driver 88' 325is

Comment

Working...
                        X