Need help with alarm install ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with alarm install ASAP

Hey everyone I am trying to set my alarm up and i have read through all the threads and i am having a hard time figuring out which wires to tap into the trunk wires from the module, help?

www.roadreview.net

did you look at the keyless entry sticky on the electronics section, theres a few wiring diagrams there.
    sigpic

Comment

Installing under the dash is a much better choice. 99.9% of all alarm installs are done there. Is it too late to move it?
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

No i have been installing it under the dash, I have everything hooked in so he lights flash siren goes off, I even took the old alarm parts out above the stereo controls and put the new LED there and valet button there, I know you are supposed to splice the wires into the trunk so it trips the whole system but I am not sure which wires coming off the unit.

www.roadreview.net

Comment

The door lock module is located inside and below your driver side speaker cavity. Tap there. No need to run to the trunk.

Comment

I thought I had to tap it into the wires coming from the trunk to unlock.

www.roadreview.net

Comment

IIRC both lock and unlock are right there in the driver's kick. What make and model?

Comment

Lock/unlock is right there behind the drivers front speaker at the central locking unit. Just tap right in.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

just finished installing the door open sensor wires

www.roadreview.net

Comment

Originally posted by dr.gonzo View Post
                    just finished installing the door open sensor wires
                    OK, so what do you have left? Did you get the door lock figured out?

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I'm going back now for a test run of door lockes. should work hopefully. Will i need to to do any programming before it will work?

www.roadreview.net

Comment

So I have this all together and I hear the alarm trying to switch over and its not working. I was connecting the wires together and i didnt have the green coming from the unlock side of the wiring harness. The green wire is going to the door which it says in the manual. Now i am thinking that green wire is supposed to go to the trunk wires instead of the green and black

www.roadreview.net

Comment

I am about to scrap this whole project, this is not working out, CAN ANYONE HELP it driving me crazy. Would posting pictures help you guys out?

www.roadreview.net

Comment

did you use relays for the door locks?

www.the12volt.com is a great place for wiring diagrams
                            -Andy

Comment

1. Nothing goes to the trunk wires...nothing.

2. You have yet to tell us WHAT FUCKING ALARM THIS IS!!!! What brand, what model.

3. You have not told us what wires you are connecting to in the car, or where you are attempting to make your connections.

Information please.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X