Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frozen locks

well actually I think it is the actuator,
    the door lock on the driver side is already boken so I use the trunk to lock an unlock the car
    however, wehn temps are below freezing, the actuator does not lock the car, just springs back,
    the pass side, wehn frozen is stiff as hell, but will unlock and lock the car
    at one time I pout in one of the remote keyless setups, but after a few months it failed, so I had to remove it, when I did I lubed the mechanism

any ideas ?

ntohing much you can do. the elctronic central locking units dont like cold weather.

Originally posted by vlad
    Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

keyless entry FTW. I've never had problems with my locks in cold weather. car's been completely covered in ice to the point that it's hard to open the door too.

I bet if you fixed the lock and got a keyless system, you wouldn't have problems. saves wear on the key, too.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

guess Ill have to try another keyless unit when I get the chance, also getting one of those lock repair kits
        got a new key at dealer a while back fomr vin number, it helped a bunch
        they would not do it over the phone, even with visa card, wanted to see proof that I owned the car before cutting key, guess IM gald about that

Comment

This happened to me last winter. It also happened to me last night when I got off work. I just used the trunk to unlock the car.
          M Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X